Final Fantasy XIV - Weddings Now Available

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Most Final Fantasy XIV players have been waiting for marriage to be implemented, and now it has. It's highly customizable, too.

ffxiveternalbond.jpg

More information.

More information.

Good for them, I say. When I think that WoW was supposed to have player housing at some point in the distant past, or any other basic non-combat role-playing feature… hah!

I welcome any game that promotes variety in role-playing.

Well, I'm going to up the stakes and point out that they aren't going allow same sex marriages yet :devilish:

Really? That must be really new because I can't even find anything about it. I even went through the patch notes and couldn't even find anything there. Could you give us your source?

What I did find was this official post from squareportal.net:

"At E3 2014, Naoki Yoshida also confirmed Final Fantasy XIV will be supporting same-sex marriage because they see no reason to restrict the bond of marriage. This means everyone will be able to marry their loved ones in Final Fantasy XIV."

http://squareportal.net/2014/09/21/final-fantasy-xivs-marriage-system-is-called-eternal-bond/

And this:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/17/final-fantasy-xiv-update-2-4-is-huge/

Really? That must be really new because I can't even find anything about it.
My mistake :'( I was looking at this article, which is a couple of years old, and am afraid I didn't look any further. It turns out things have moved on since then.

I'll get my coat…

Last edited:
*hugs Kyrer*

It's okay. :)

LOL

I almost posted WTF, but we do need these news.
Since now decades old singleplayer Fallout 2 had marriages (although... forced) no wonder MMOs are getting those too. And FO2 had samesex marriage inside.
I remember MapleStory also had (has) marriages, also Sims games have marriages, etc.

So the actual question is what happened to marriages in singleplayer RPGs. When was the last time you saw one added (as a result of a choice)? Romances and romance choices are there, but marriages? Not. Isn't that odd?

MMORPG having marriage was kind of the norm 10+ years ago. Since devs are dropping copying WoW, it seems to be doing a come back. ESO released with the feature even.

ugh

10charlimit

So the actual question is what happened to marriages in singleplayer RPGs. When was the last time you saw one added (as a result of a choice)? Romances and romance choices are there, but marriages? Not. Isn't that odd?

Recent research shows that single-player RPG players are more interested in one-night-stands and short flings than marriage in their games.

A beautiful bride with one unforgivable fatal flaw - it's MMO.

My eq1 character got married, it was a fun event. Game didn't support it in-game, so we invited a CS Guide who attended, had fun with all the guests, and at the end of the ceremony changed our last name to a new one. There was a lot of alcohol, and some drunken races (in eq1 when you got drunk, you got DRUNK... the screen got all blurry and your character moved randomly). Now that is real roleplaying, not the cutscene flood we get nowadays.

at the end of the ceremony changed our last name to a new one. (..)
Another little thing that's never taken off, has it? Last names? How many RPGs let you choose last names and actually make use of them independently from first names in dialogs? Not many, I guess. With online-only games the opposite is already happening (looking at you, Diablo 3) - all interaction is with your account name, not your character's name ...

Some don't. So not for everyone. Just for some. :p

My eq1 character got married, it was a fun event. Game didn't support it in-game, so we invited a CS Guide who attended, had fun with all the guests, and at the end of the ceremony changed our last name to a new one. There was a lot of alcohol, and some drunken races (in eq1 when you got drunk, you got DRUNK… the screen got all blurry and your character moved randomly). Now that is real roleplaying, not the cutscene flood we get nowadays.

Ah yes indeed, back in the day when playing a rogue meant being able to stealth past an opponent to complete the quest, instead of a rogue meaning you kill the bad-guys with daggers instead of swords! When a high charisma character could talk round a fight instead of dying from lack of strength in the forced battle!

Back
Top Bottom