|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 4 - Interview @ Gothicz

Default Gothic 4 - Interview @ Gothicz

September 16th, 2007, 16:38
Gaspy let us know about a new interview on his site Gothicz.net with Jochen Hamma, a producer with Spellbound on Gothic 4. Given the very early state of the project, this is an informative read and well worth a look for Gothic fans. Let's take a quote on Spellbound's background to set the scene:
2. Tell me something about the beginnings of Spellbound and your past projects…
Spellbound was established in 1994 by Armin Gessert - a few months later, Jean-Marc Haessig joined the company. Both are still here and serve as CEO and Creative Director of Spellbound. In 1995 the company has started to cooperate with another developer (attic Entertainment Software GmbH) - working on an RPG game called Realms of Arkania - Shadows over Riva. At that time, I had been producer of the title at attic and that's how Armin and I met the first time. After Shadows over Riva, Spellbound has been involved in the creation of around 20 titles in a variety of different genres (RPG, Action, Strategy, Tactics, and Simulation). The most well known probably are Airline Tycoon, Robin Hood and their old western games like the Desperados series or it's most recent project Helldorado.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 16th, 2007, 16:38
Well, there's not much to speculate on at this early stage. The biggest encouragement that I saw is that the producer already has a fondness for the Gothic series, and seems committed to keeping the style.

I've only played one Spellbound game personally - Robin Hood. It was entertaining, but a tough game, and I never finished.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

September 16th, 2007, 17:07
Spellbound is in a difficult postion but he did a good job of saying they will respect the community, so that's a plus and it was a extensive interview with strait answers no questions being dodged.

The thing that was shocking to me was he mentioned the possiblity of using the Unreal engine, along with some others.
I have always thought would be amazing way to see Gothic World with the Unreal engine, though I had hope with PB's work.
The amazing skies, textures and *couch* Coop possiblities, would have served well.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

Default bod icon

September 16th, 2007, 19:50
why is the article icon like http://rpb.deepsilver.com/ ?
PB is no longer involved

Licaon

September 16th, 2007, 22:12
it's good that they don't have any intentions of creating their own engine. we all know how gothic 3 turned….

less time used on the engine meaning more time used on making the game itself.

gargar

Watcher

September 17th, 2007, 00:56
Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
why is the article icon like http://rpb.deepsilver.com/ ?
PB is no longer involved
Just an error choosing the icon for that database entry.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 4 - Interview @ Gothicz