Etrom - Post Mortem @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
P.M. Studios' Fabio Belsanti has penned a post-mortem on their comic-styled action/RPG, Etrom, for RPG Vault:
As I mentioned before, our main objective was to create a 3D Diablo-like game with an original story and setting, including some innovation in the gameplay. With such a mix, we would have tried to captivate both Diablo players and the most demanding RPG fans. In theory, we - and I particularly - would have been better off targeting more of a niche audience, but our inexperience led us to try to create something that would appeal to almost anyone who loves narrative games with some RPG elements. So wrong! By crossing all target audiences, we attracted, but at the same time disappointed, almost everybody.
More information.

A pretty good read - about what I expected going on behind the scenes.

I wonder what is going on behind the scenes at Basilisk Games, Clockstone Studios and Quotix. I hope they fare better - as a financial pursuit that is.

Etrom was a neat demo but I never purchased it.

I found Etrom to be bland and not very well done ... didn't enjoy it much at all.

for me, the demo was possibly worse than the mistmare demo.

but it is nice and refreshing to read an admission of a 'failure' by the devs.

I had a good relationship with PM and I have a review copy...but there were so many fundamental design flaws I decided not to review it.

I don't think Basilisk is a full time studio (I stand to be corrected), so it's probably a bit different for them.

I will be playing this soon, and will describe the good and bad points in detail that I found.

Back
Top Bottom