Grim Dawn - Grim Misadventure #65

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is the latest Grim Dawn Misadventures post from Crate Entertainment on the games forum that has information on the development of Grim Dawn.

It is another Monday, following an adventure-less Monday, and that means it is time for a Grim Misadventure! Last time, we talked about the incoming Factions overhaul, giving you a glimpse at the brand new Faction Window and its wealth of information on what will soon become a core part of your Grim Dawn adventures. The first part of this major addition to the game is coming your way with Build 24. But that is not all that is coming with the next major content release.

It may be hard to believe after everything that has been added in just 2014 alone, but Grim Dawn was once meant to be a much smaller game. However, thanks to the generous support of our fans, both prior to release and in continued early access sales, we have been able to include additional features, add on more content and significantly expand the game as a whole
More information.

Is there a release date in sight ?
It seems that this game will be in development forever.

Not really. And since they announced even more areas and features yet to come I doubt it will be ready before summer.

Grim Dawn was my first Kickstarter. I pledged on 05/17/2012. The expected delivery date was October 2013.

I'm not upset over the delay. I'm glad they have gotten the funding to continue development and improvement. I'm certain this is going to be a great game when it arrives. It was darn good in alpha.

They need to wrap this up, though. There is a lot of talent involved with this project and they need to set the sights on something new.

I'm still looking forward to playing the completed project. I only played through Alpha and decided to await the completed game. As it is, I'll probably be playing Wave of Darkness before I get to play a complete Grim Dawn.

:biggrin:

That is my problem as well. It used to be that I was basically forced to play what I would consider lesser games, just to have something that I hadn't played to death. Now, I have to consider whether I want to fire up a Morrowind or MM VII or play a new game that might not be a classic but is fresh.

This is a wonderful, wonderful problem :D

They can take as much time as they need to polish things up to a fine degree to beat out the legacy of Titan Quest---between the likes of this and Unbended alongside very few others it isn't exactly the case of an overload of titles especially since Diablo III kind of knocked the air out of the room that has yet to seep back in as far as folks just so thoroughly down and out that had been hyping themselves up for literally years.

Oh no, I still have most of last year's games to play. And games from the year before that, and the year before that :p
Me too lol. I am only half way through Divinity and WL2 I played less then 1/3.

Build 24 went live a day or two ago. Not a huge update, but a start to fleshing out the full Faction System update, some game balancing and a few new areas.

Bring on Build 25 :wideeyed:

Easy. Just raise your standards and be really picky. Only play the most outstanding games that contribute to the genre somehow ;) absolutely no filler content

I took a break with wl2 after arriving in LA for BioShock. And now I'm finally playing chrono trigger, blatantly easy game.

Even in beta, this is one of my favorite games. There's a ton of content and replayability already.

Back
Top Bottom