Melancholy Republic - Update & Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I mentioned the Melancholy Republic a new JRPG game a few weeks back when it launched on Kickstarter. The campaign is half over, and it still needs $20,000.

Melancholy has been receiving some great press over the past few days, including some soon to be released interviews done with 4colorrebellion and gintendo.

Check out what the gaming press has been saying about Melancholy Republic!

Shack News - Melancholy Republic is a beautiful homage to 16-bit JRPGs

oprainfall - Melancholy Republic is an RPG that harkens back to the glory days of the genre

Me-Time Gamer - KICKSTARTING IT – MALENCHOLY REPUBLIC
The developer also did a new interview on My Games Lounge.

As a huge fan of JRPG games, what am I going to love about Melancholy Republic?

I think fans of JRPG games can vary widely in what they love most about the best JRPG games. Melancholy Republic is a game that is inspired from that feeling of exploration, the love of deep and interesting characters, as well as the great love stories from some of our favourite JRPG games. JRPG fans will love exploring and uncovering the secrets and stories hidden across the city of Lorna. They will journey with Claire Lockridge through the dark political plot and with her discover the tragic reality of her city.
More information.

It seems to me- and this may be just my perception- that there has been a whole lot of JRPGs on Kickstarter. I think that may be why so many of them struggle.

Back
Top Bottom