RPGWatch Feature: D&D Tactics Review

Hmmm ... I was at GameStop this morning exchanging the DS case my son got for his birthday (sister-in-law bought it, they ship 'random color' and he got pink & white ... so I returned for the charcoal). Anyway, there was one kid there and five adults, all over 35 (youngest was mom of the 8-year old). They each had the new Zelda pre-ordered. I did, but at a different store. Each of the other three people were also buying a DS or PSP game - for themselves.

I think that a big part of where Nintendo is selling gobs of DS's is to older folks as well as kids. But what BillSeurer is true - the majority of parents I know *don't* have a DS, but *every* friend of my kids as well as all of the kids I coach, DI manage, teach CCD, etc, etc, etc have one.

I'd hazard a guess it has more to do with time. Adults have less time to play. I'd love to get a handheld, but I have very little time to game, so I have a decision to make: add handhelds to my already fractured gaming and maybe never get more than a few hours in to any game? Or stick to one platform with the most bang for its buck (PC of course) and focus my gaming time on a few games getting more out of them? There's just way too many intriguing games (especially considering all the platforms) and not enough time. Kids, on the other hand, have the time to game on PC's, consoles and handhelds, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom