Serpent in the Staglands - New Video Previews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well Fluent is back with more videos today for Serpent in the Staglands, but this time he takes a look at character stats, mechanics, world interaction and much more.

Hello everyone! Thanks for tuning in. In this video I take a deeper look at the core mechanics of Serpent in the Staglands, such as the stat system, inventory, combat skills, spells, aptitudes, world interactivity and more!

In this video I explore a bit of the starting temple area, and in the next episode I will venture into the world and explore the countryside, while showing off the combat system and other important features.

So, I hope you enjoy! If you do, please take a moment and press the Like button, leave a comment, subscribe to my channel for more and share this video everywhere! It would mean a lot!
His second video gives everyone a look at Exploration.

Hello! In this episode, I take a look at how exploration in the game works, and I generally stumble about, die often, and make mistakes! Since this is early footage of me playing the game, this is to be expected. It is highly recommended that you (and I) read the manual more before jumping in!

This is also not a real Let's Play, just a bit of me playing the game for the first time and trying to get my feet wet with some exploration. I show off what you can expect to find by wandering about, and generally get myself into some mischief, as I explore the countryside around the starting temple area and find some unique things.
More information.

Fluent, do you have an idea when this game is going to be released? I am really interested in this game. Steam only says 2015.

Fluent, do you have an idea when this game is going to be released? I am really interested in this game. Steam only says 2015.
We will get that information in the next update according to the developer. If you can solve the riddle from the last video I suppose you would already know.:)

I'm pretty sure it will be released around 25th of May. If I solved the date riddle correctly a while back that is ;)

Coming May 28 2015, good news. Almost finished with my current game and i dont want to play pillars just yet.

On my watch list.
Just now sure what to think of the Pixel art style.

On my watch list.
Just now sure what to think of the Pixel art style.

I rather like it. It's the nice, pretty kind. What's not to like? :cool:

I'll be picking this one up, methinks. Character creation looked a bit scant in Fluent's last vid, but everything else looks so nice…

P.S. Thanks for the videos, Fluent. They're really quite helpful, especially showing a detailed look at features such as character creation. Might I put in a request for one I always like but rarely see? Take us through the options menu, at least quickly. Perhaps you have and I just don't remember, but I always like that.

P.P.S. I was just watching the top video again, and I think the names for your two female party members were strippers I hired for my buddy's bachelor party. :p

Last edited:
I like this game. Very promising. Specially the vintage-dark aesthetics. Perhaps, after so many hours of Wasteland 2 and PoE I would prefer a turn based combat.
Thanks for the vids.

I like this game. Very promising. Specially the vintage-dark aesthetics. Perhaps, after so many hours of Wasteland 2 and PoE I would prefer a turn based combat.
Thanks for the vids.

I know what you mean, as I generally prefer turn based myself, but clearly these guys are going for a Darklands vibe. Also, methinks Wastelands 2 was, indeed, turn-based combat....

I rather like it. It's the nice, pretty kind. What's not to like? :cool:

I'll be picking this one up, methinks. Character creation looked a bit scant in Fluent's last vid, but everything else looks so nice…

P.S. Thanks for the videos, Fluent. They're really quite helpful, especially showing a detailed look at features such as character creation. Might I put in a request for one I always like but rarely see? Take us through the options menu, at least quickly. Perhaps you have and I just don't remember, but I always like that.

P.P.S. I was just watching the top video again, and I think the names for your two female party members were strippers I hired for my buddy's bachelor party. :p

Haha! :lol: That's funny. :)

The options menu is incredibly scant right now, due to it being the beta. I asked the devs about this and they said that many other options will be added to the final game, such as tooltip speed (it's a bit slow right now), UI options, auto-pausing options and more. That's really all I know about that, but trust me, you really wouldn't want to see the options menu right now, as it's basically one screen and very, very basic. :p

Character creation is a bit scant, but I like that there are 5 races and 3 sub-races (or whatever they are called!) to choose from. It at least gives you a major element of customization right from the start, and it seems that the inventory and equipment section also allows for quite a bit of customization after your character has been created, not to mention the very deep combat skills, magic spells and aptitudes sections. So, I'm not worried about expressing my creativity with their system, all things considered. :)

I appreciate it, Fluent. As a personal "thank you" and in honor of your new computer and video proliferation, I have given myself a new title here at the Watch.

<====== Have a look!

I appreciate it, Fluent. As a personal "thank you" and in honor of your new computer and video proliferation, I have given myself a new title here at the Watch.

<====== Have a look!

Hahaha! :D That is too funny, man. :mellow:

I blame that funny error on a) my eyesight being terrible, and b) the font used in the game! I felt so stupid when I realized that it was actually "Crop goblin". I thought Crap Goblin was some sort of joke by the developers. :lol:

I'm waiting for this and Underrail. People working in modest conditions can make better games than AAA developers I swear.

Underrail looks like a real gem, too. Styg is working a LOT on it and has tweaked many aspects of the game. My only concern is, I hope he finds a balance that he can live with and release his product in a finished state. Too many games release unfinished games and continue to tweak balance. I say, call it a day and put your stamp of approval on the game and release it to the masses. :)

Anyone want to see more videos for this game? Let me know! :party:

Back
Top Bottom