|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Review @ ComputerGames.ro

Default NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Review @ ComputerGames.ro

October 9th, 2007, 03:51
Bossman from ComputerGames.ro wrote in to point our their review for NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. This is the first review we've tracked and the score is 88%:
Secondly, the designers have put a lot more emphasis on the decisions that you will make during the game and their consequences, which will greatly influence your companions, as well as the final outcome of the game. Speaking of which, there are four possible endings: one good (considered optimal by Obsidian), two neutral and one evil (which is very cool by the way). Barring the increased replay value that these endings offer (because you canít see all four just by making one choice at the end of the game), they are also a lot more satisfying than the ones in NWN2, so fans will be pleased in this regard.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 9th, 2007, 03:51
Nice review, like the way he put all the spoilers on page 2 and gave a warning to skip to page 3, if you didn't want spoilers.
Sound like lots of bugs still, maybe it would be good to wait a month or two, could be hard waiting.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2007, 06:15
Yes, good review, but it could have benefited from having all the grammar errors, etc, corrected.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 9th, 2007, 09:24
Err, yeah, unfortunately I still have some work to do in that department. MS Word's Spelling and Grammar checking can only do so much

Bossman

Traveler

October 9th, 2007, 16:01
I haven't seen a number yet, but I was just listening to the latest Games for Windows podcast, and Jeff Green was saying that he really likes this expansion pack a lot. That it's Obsidian's best game (out of three). As folks may recall, GFW are the guys that took some heat for panning the game last year.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

October 9th, 2007, 19:10
I'm not sure I understand what masses of bugs the review is talking about. I really only noticed one, a dialog bug that let you reiterate what you said twice to gain additional influence with a companion. I'm sure there was one or two more, but that's the only one I really noticed.

KazikluBey

Sentinel

October 9th, 2007, 19:54
Consider yourself extremely lucky then; my character for instance died on one occasion because I swapped his boots with another pair that I just bought from a merchant. Who knows, maybe they were the wrong size.

Bossman

Traveler

October 10th, 2007, 03:41
At least he died with his boots on!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 10th, 2007, 04:51
Were you very low on HP at the time Bossman, and did the boots you unequipped happen to have a +con buff on them?

It's quite possible to kill yourself by removing a buff that was making you other than dead. Not sure if that should be viewed as a bug or not.

Badesumofu

Sentinel

October 10th, 2007, 10:27
Nope, I had full health.

Bossman

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Review @ ComputerGames.ro