|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Open Letter

Default Hellgate London - Open Letter

November 9th, 2007, 13:35
The Hellgate: London team has posted this open letter on their forums:
Dear Customers,

We realize many of you are experiencing a variety of problems. We at Flagship and Ping0 are working hard to address these issues.

Our current top priorities are:

* Resolving any remaining problems related to billing and subscriptions.
* Fixing two known bugs which cause players to sometimes lose items (one related to dual focus/dual melee, and one related to loading issues).
* Making improvements to memory usage in order to reduce "Memory Exhausted" crashes.
* Fixing a known issue with the user interface which causes the application to lock up intermittently.* An issue which occasionally prevents characters from being able to load or switch instances.
* General chat interface improvements. (Many improvements are in the works).
* Random disconnects and lag.
* Allowing higher resolution textures and models for other players.
* Various known problems with being able to continue interrupted side quests.
* Remnant quest items not getting destroyed and "clogging" up inventory.
* Continued problems with saving / loading Engineer Drone items.
* Invisible party members.
* The nanoforge not correctly improving rare and better armors.
* Getting stuck on collision.

Some of these are issues which will be fixed as soon as possible and go live in upcoming patches, some will be in our upcoming content patch, and others are issues on which we will make gradual improvements to on a continuous basis.

Of course we also have a more extensive bug list as well as lot of general improvements and new content in the works. Everyone here is
working full-time to support Hellgate. We appreciate your patience.

-The Hellgate: London team
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 9th, 2007, 13:35
From the contents of this letter it seems to me that contrary to what FS had been saying, the retail version indeed suffers from the very same and, admittedly, terribly annoying glitches/errors as the beta did (which I tested so I have first-hand experience on the above issues). Ain't that a shame.

Working too much could interfere with your drinking.

r3dshift

Sentinel

November 9th, 2007, 13:48
I admit that during my college years I was playing Diablo II heavily. Those were the days. During last summer I tried Titan Quest and boy, I even managed to finish the damn thing. And I realized that hack'n'slash are not for me anymore. Just like FPS. Looks like I am getting mature at last . No, not old, you bastards! Anyway, I canceled my pre-orders for Hellgate and Crysis, played both demos recently just to see if it was a smart move. It was. No hurt feelings at all. Luckily I didn't cancel my The Witcher pre-order accidentally so am having a very good time at nights now .

Crolug

Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Crolug

November 9th, 2007, 14:50
Ive played FPS since the first wolfenstain 3D. And I still find new mindless FPS like crysis fun to play. I guess I will never become mature.. :..(

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

November 9th, 2007, 15:18
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Ive played FPS since the first wolfenstain 3D. And I still find new mindless FPS like crysis fun to play. I guess I will never become mature.. :..(
I fell in love with Wolfstein 3D. It had Atmosphere (yeap, capital A) and I sometimes it was even scary. Damn great game. My next step in FPS (not counting SS2) was Counter Strike 1.6 and since I started to play it in 2004 no other FPS could catch my attention.

nessosin

Watchdog

November 9th, 2007, 15:55
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
There is nothing wrong with mindless shooters and mindless hack-n-slashers. Right now I'm playing the heck out of the just released Painkiller: Overdose - and just like the original that is completely mindless and completely fun.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 9th, 2007, 17:29
Hey guys, I was joking with "mature" thing, ok? I like to smash someone's head over the wall from time to time too .

I played three games where I got scared - Doom or Doom II, can't recall, damn flashing broken light and incoming demon from the shadows ; Clive Barker's Undying - same sympthom, no light, mirror on a wall, thunderbolt outside window and my image in the mirror scarring hell out of me ; and last but not least - Marine campaign in Alien Predator played on Director's Cut difficulty level - damn, I was almost wetting my pants…

Crolug

Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Crolug

November 9th, 2007, 23:28
Originally Posted by Crolug View Post
I admit that during my college years I was playing Diablo II heavily. Those were the days. During last summer I tried Titan Quest and boy, I even managed to finish the damn thing. And I realized that hack'n'slash are not for me anymore. Just like FPS. Looks like I am getting mature at last . No, not old, you bastards! Anyway, I canceled my pre-orders for Hellgate and Crysis, played both demos recently just to see if it was a smart move. It was. No hurt feelings at all. Luckily I didn't cancel my The Witcher pre-order accidentally so am having a very good time at nights now .
Same for me except I'm perhaps a bit older and it was Diablo 1. Played that game for hours and hours… until I realized it was totally pointless. After this I discovered a game named Baldur's Gate… and my years of Diabloish games were over. Havent even tried Diablo 2.

vanedor

Sentinel

November 10th, 2007, 03:28
Painkiller was awsome. I loved the magic cards you could get for finishing the level a certain way. Mindless FPS are nice everynow and then but I'm with Crolug in that after finishing Titan quest I couldn't play it again like I used to for Diablo. Oh well, I hope Hellgate is at least more interesting than Titan.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

November 10th, 2007, 05:54
I thought Painkiller was just ok, if you really want the best of that type of shooter then you can't beat Serious Sam episodes 1&2.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 10th, 2007, 16:47
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought Painkiller was just ok, if you really want the best of that type of shooter then you can't beat Serious Sam episodes 1&2.
… agreed, but not so much Serious Sam II.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 10th, 2007, 19:58
Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
From the contents of this letter it seems to me that contrary to what FS had been saying, the retail version indeed suffers from the very same and, admittedly, terribly annoying glitches/errors as the beta did (which I tested so I have first-hand experience on the above issues). Ain't that a shame.

How exactly?

Unregistered

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Open Letter