Kyn - Preview @ GamerHeadlines

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Vlad Pintea has previewed Kyn - the Hack&Slash game will be released at July 28, 2015. Some snippets:

From my brief preview experience, things look quite promising for Kyn, although there were some elements which I wasn’t able to test, these only arriving in the final version of the game.

When Kyn fully releases, players are able to gather up to six characters in their party, although the preview only includes two. I’m not sure if the beginning of the game allows you to customize your own character(s), because the preview build starts with two, predetermined ones called Bram and Alrik. These two have been trapped in a cave for a couple of months, in hope of absorbing the power of the Magni gems. The preview main quest tasks me with getting back to our protagonists’ mentor, although I wasn’t able to do so, as the map was curiously not updated; i.e., a river is separating them from their mentor, and they can’t swim. (...)

Each character is equipped with three active skills, each one assigned to a key. Skills are separated into three categories: Mind, Body, and Control. Mind skills focus more on enhancing your characters by healing them or even resurrecting, in addition to using various spells like the usual frost or fire blast, while Body skills deal more damage to enemies and allow your characters to sustain more damage, in return. Finally, Control skills allow you to set traps, throw grenades, and make yourself invisible, in addition to being the main category for using bows. In short, investing in Mind skills turns your character into a wizard, while the Body skills are reserved for a “tank”-like character, while Control is primarily used for rogue/ranged-players.

The best part is the fact that characters aren’t restricted to one class or the another, so you can turn one of your characters into a rogue who uses spells, a “tank” being able to turn himself invisible, and so on.

It’s especially worth noting that Kyn gives players the ability of slowing time down for them to issue commands to their characters. Since the game provides a decent challenge even on the Medium difficulty, it’s important to take your time and issue commands to each of your characters, this feature giving Kyn a fair level of depth to its combat system. (...)
More information.

So, is anyone looking forward to this game?

I'm a bit curious about it. When it was announced, my interest was certainly picked, mostly because of the setting, but also because for such a small team (apparently the game was pretty much made by two guys) the game looks rather impressive.
Then, there was over a year of pretty much radio silence (the official website still has the same announcement trailer, and the blog/news section was last updated on April 2014), and now the game finally surfaces again.

It would be great if the developers released a demo, or at least more media.

There is some gameplay footage on youtube:

For a two-men team this looks incredible IMO.

Back
Top Bottom