Underrail - Development Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Don't miss this Underrail development update from Styg:
Hey guys, while the rest of the team is working on wrapping up the remaining content (a few obligatory teaser screenshot included below), I took the time to work on some of the last game mechanic stuff to be implemented.

Most importantly, I implemented a noise system so the player will now have to consider more than just visual perception when handling a hostile area. This system works in a simple manner - certain actions, mostly relate to combat, such as firing weapons, grenade explosions, etc now emit a certain level of noise that travels through the map, with walls and other obstacles dampening their propagation (with certain thick walls doing so drastically). This will cause certain weapons - crossbows, knives and silenced pistols (and to lesser extent sledgehammers), will now have an edge over other weapon types when doing a stealth assassination.

In addition to this, a lot of NPCs will now holler for help on their turn if they are not stunned or incapacitated, so it's important to dispose of them quickly and silently if you want to avoid fighting the whole camp.

These changes will undoubtedly make some encounters more difficult so we will go through most problematic of them to make sure they are not too ridiculous. […]
More information.

Thank you Styg for posting it and Format92 for reminding me to make a newsbit out of it.
Here's the link to the Underrail website.

Ooh! I haven't played this yet. Sounds like it is close to being done too. Thanks, HiddenX. I may just pick this up tonight and take a look!

just like Age of Decadence, I'm holding off on playing my Early Access copy. I don't want to spoil anything :)

This just looks great. Can't wait for release!

I haven't played this game for several months, but the part I did play was excellent. Interesting world, lots of abilities and stats and tons of items/weapons. If you liked the feel of Fallout 2, this game will be right up your alley.

Will be buying this soon....I have 11 dollars sitting in my steam account.

Come play, rune_74. The game is $9.99!

The development is very slow but it's nice to see how methodical the developper is and how he truly cares about the smallest details and about intricate and delightful gameplay systems that add so much depth.

Unfortunately if he lived in a G7 country I don't think it would be affordable because costs of living are too high.

Back
Top Bottom