|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Mitra's Method @ WarCry

Default Age of Conan - Mitra's Method @ WarCry

October 29th, 2007, 21:39
This week's Mitra's Method takes a closer look at the treatment of women in Hyboria.
So Funcom comes along and has a look at the Conan license and decides that, while paying all due to respect to Howard's works and bearing in mind the social contexts in which his stories were written, we're in the twenty-first century now, and obviously things have changed. It's not right that players be deprived of the opportunity to play a female character in any game these days, so naturally, players in 'Age of Conan' will be able to choose the gender of their characters (it's a given in any MMOs on the market today).
More information.

Inauro

Watcher

October 29th, 2007, 21:39
Quote:
Whether you be male or female in the Hyborian Age, be prepared to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their… significant others.

I laughed. Does that make me a male chauvinist pig?

Greymane

SasqWatch

October 29th, 2007, 23:08
That article was laughable in general. If you're a pig, I'll join the porcine ranks as well. I actually laughed out loud at some parts of it (though not at the parts intended to be funny).

"You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master."-Ronin

Greyloch

Witcher

October 30th, 2007, 19:21
Well, mmorgs and Roleplaying just don't mix very well. I think I'm going back to muds.

Sergius64

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Mitra's Method @ WarCry