Arx Fatalis - Arx: End of Sun Mod released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Arx: End of Sun - a standalone Doom 3 mod - is a prequel for Arx Fatalis:

Arx - End Of Sun is a new free and fan made game that is based on the first person dungeon RPG: Arx Fatalis developed by Arkane Studios. In our game world you will play out the events ( with a liberal dose of poetic licence ) that precede the original story of Arx Fatalis. You will no longer require a copy of Doom3 to play Arx - End Of Sun. We are now running on a custom version of the engine code and we use no assets from any commercial titles in our game.
More information.

Interesting find Farflame, thanks.

Here's an old video:

Last edited:
Good times !
Will certainly give it a try when released.

Exciting news! I hope they finish it, and I hope we mention it again on the Watch when they do. Arx Fatalis was a very fun game... I seem to recall some issue with limited inventory space, so I kept piling all these things in a little side cave for storage, but it eventually became so voluminous that the physics kept getting messed up and was slowing the game down. I had forgotten this was Arkane Studios - I just started playing Dishonored... it is excellent IMHO.

Arx Fatalis was a classic. I hope Arcane Studios will make a sequel for it someday.

Back
Top Bottom