Wasteland 3 - Already over 65% funded

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Wasteland 3 crowdfunding campaign started very well - over 65% of the funding goal has been reached already:

From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014's Wasteland 2 and 2015's Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Now we can bring it to you, with your help!

• A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
  • By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
  • Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
  • Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
  • The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
  • Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
  • Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
More information.

Since I liked WL2, I already backed it :)

Wow, the graphics have been amped up considerably over Wasteland 2, and the vehicles are an added bonus. The "A Frosty Reception" gameplay trailer looks amazing and was enough to get me to pony up for the boxed collector's edition. :)

Well since they're not giving them any interviews, at least they featured a codexian into one of their trailers. :p

well early bird gone so I think I will wait until the price reaches 25$ on retail. Besides the expected release date is Q4 2019. Too far in the future :(

I pledged and loved Wasteland 2 - but Q4 2019, and on what is to me a new/unheard of crowdfunding platform (fig) make me a bit hesitant.

I already have three Inxile games Kickstarted (Wasteland 2/Torment/Bard's Tale 4), and the game looks like it will make it's goal, so I'll just get it when it is actually released.

340 000$ pledged, and 1,5 millions from developers self pledge. That campaign started at 60% progress and now we rejoice being "already" at 65%? Well played inXile, well played.

Yea the "already 65%" was hilarious marketing lie for anyone that has early access to the campaign and seen that investors already invested even before campaign started.

340 000$ pledged, and 1,5 millions from developers self pledge. …

No, the $1.8M has been raised from both pledgers and investors, not the developers. It looks like inXile will basically match the Fig funds from investors and pledgers. If you are an accredited investor, you too can invest ($1K min)… otherwise, you have to take a number and get in line. BTW, that's what makes Fig different than Kickstarter... You can pledge for rewards or invest for profit.

Waiting for the Watch fundraiser :)

What kind of goal are we setting this time? 10k?

That's some sound bite they crafted. Too bad that's not crowdfunded to 65%. Doing over $340,000 is a very strong opening so we'll see. They need a lot of early supporters to pre-order a game maybe coming in 2019.

well early bird gone so I think I will wait until the price reaches 25$ on retail…:(

Yeah, I know it's frustrating to pledge full price for a game years in advance only to have it on sale for half price a month after release. However, $33 is still a bargain since the retail price will be $50… and I don't see inXile dropping the price for some time after release or else risk angering a horde of first-time investors armed with pitchforks.

That's some sound bite they crafted. Too bad that's not crowdfunded to 65%.

But it is... This is investment crowdfunding.
The website allows YOU to INVEST or PLEDGE… So far, $361K is from pledgers who want the game and $1.45M from individual investors hoping for profit. That $1.8M excludes any other sources of funding available to inXile, such as that from a publishing deal or inXile itself.

I'm actually more eager for Bard's Tale than I am this. That corny 6 minute video hunting for Torment writers was a foolish waste of money imo.

Well I backed this. Some posters here seemed to have gotten pretty confused about the Fig system though.

But it is… This is investment crowdfunding.
The website allows YOU to INVEST or PLEDGE… So far, $361K is from pledgers who want the game and $1.45M from individual investors hoping for profit. That $1.8M excludes any other sources of funding available to inXile, such as that from a publishing deal or inXile itself.
You're missing the point. The update says the game is 73% funded in 10 hours. Yeah, technically true, but the reality is that it was already sitting at something like 55% (from investments from whoever) for days/weeks before the campaign even started.

Currently, it's sitting at $429K raised from pledges. Also, an additional $200K or so has been raised from "investors" since the campaign opened. Neither amount is all that impressive, considering that Torment (as an example) raised around $1.5M in pledges alone on its first day. Even Bard's Tale IV had over $700K of pledges in its first day. Investing that happened long before the campaign even opened allows them to craft a narrative that makes the early hours of the campaign sound wildly successful. Reality is that crowdfunding interest in it seems down, for whatever reasons (maybe cause it's on Fig, maybe cause of the multiplayer/"cinematic conversations" focus that most of its core audience won't want, who knows).

Last edited:
This looks very very good.

I really liked wasteland 2 so this is a no-brainer buy when it comes out but 33$.....i don't think so for now. Maybe if they open paypal contributions down the line i will think about it.

People who back within the first 48 hours get UnderRail or Stasis free for Steam. So if you intend to back might as well do it then.

Back
Top Bottom