|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Witcher 3 First 15 mins

Default Witcher 3 First 15 mins

April 6th, 2015, 19:46
Apparently, IGN was offered the opportunity of revealing the first 15 minutes of the Witcher 3. Enjoy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/…hunt-ign-first

EDIT: Amazing footage. I loved the talking between Geralt and Vesemir. Sounds like pretty good writing to me. And the gameplay was exquisite. If that's how the XBox One version looks like, I am impressed. It looks good for a console, but I can't imagine how beautiful it will look on PC. And man, those woods. I've not seen a game with woods that lush and dense. Looked amazing. May 19th can't come soon enough. Oh my.

EDIT2: And did you hear that audio, and those environmental sounds. Just beautiful. Really gives it all life. And from what I understood, the starting area, White Orchard, is self-contained from the rest of the world? At least that's what I hear. Anyway, it looked quite large.

EDIT3: The video can be downloaded from here, if you don't want to stream it. It seems to fare slightly better than the streamed version.
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; April 6th, 2015 at 20:18.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

April 6th, 2015, 20:43
I will not watch that to avoid spoilers, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

April 6th, 2015, 20:56
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
It's very light on spoilers. The only spoiled thing you get is about 3-5 mins of chatting between Geralt and Vesemir. Almost everything else (story-line cinematics) were already spoiled by trailers/videos. And the rest is just wondering around the open world, looking for mischief.

EDIT: Ok, I'm a bit worried. Apparently, some editor from IGN confirmed the footage is from PC. I hope they reveal what the specs on it are. I can't imagine it's a very high-end configuration.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

April 6th, 2015, 21:40
Nope

……must….resist…

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 22:11
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
EDIT: Ok, I'm a bit worried. Apparently, some editor from IGN confirmed the footage is from PC[/url]. I hope they reveal what the specs on it are. I can't imagine it's a very high-end configuration.
Yeah, especially the ground… it looks very blurry…

zahratustra

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 23:15
Ok, I watched a few minutes out of curiosity. Not because I wanted to see the footage, but because I wanted to see how the textures looked after reading your comments.

The whole scene in general looks less impressive than I was hoping, but to be honest, I really think it's more due to the quality of that video than the game itself.

The foliage looks really good and the facial animations are outstanding. I do notice some aliasing, but that's a given in DirectX 11 games.

I can't stress enough how much I hate those button prompts on the right being onscreen the entire time. I can only hope the HUD is configurable to some degree.

I can't say I'm worried about the visuals though. TW2 was ahead of its time when it was released, and I'm confident there will be plenty of high-end video options in TW3 for those with the systems to handle them.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 23:26
Not impressed one bit with those visuals. Shadows of Mordor looks much better. I'm hoping it's just because it's on xbone and that it will look much better on PC.

As JDR13 said, I would expect there to be many options for PC graphics.

sakichop

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 23:35
That's supposed to be footage from the PC version, but I don't think we can accurately judge the visuals based on that video. It's obviously not a high quality recording.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 23:41
Why would IGN botch up the video recording quality? It's obviously something CDP would have told them to get right. Something's fishy in Poland.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

April 6th, 2015, 23:42
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
That's supposed to be footage from the PC version, but I don't think we can accurately judge the visuals based on that video. It's obviously not a high quality recording.
Yeah, the recording looks muddy hell. I don't know how they perform their compression.
I'm waiting for a clean uncompressed version from gamercyde. They're usually able to provide (no idea how they get a hold of uncompressed footage) uncompressed footage for the Witcher 3.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

April 6th, 2015, 23:44
Why would IGN botch up the video recording quality? It's obviously something CDP would have told them to get right. Something's fishy in Poland.
Nah.. It was probably just done with whatever they had on hand to work with. I'd say the majority of streamed video footage I've seen over the years looked inferior to actually seeing the installed games on my screen.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2015, 23:53
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Oh, I thought the OP said xbone but I misread. I agree about the recorded video quality.

sakichop

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2015, 00:03
How large is the video file to download? That could tell you a lot about the quality of the video.

Dean

Watchdog

April 7th, 2015, 00:11
Originally Posted by dean View Post
how large is the video file to download? That could tell you a lot about the quality of the video.
550mb

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2015, 00:56
The video quality is not good, but there are several rough edges to the graphics, apparent from this and previous footage. Water looks terrible, there is some nasty pop in, and many low quality textures. I still think the overall effect is pretty good, but it has definitely been scaled back a bit. Perhaps it's another one that'll get an enhanced edition.

If you believe everything you read, do not read.
Japanese proverb

Ripper

I may chew things

April 7th, 2015, 01:25
I couldn't agree more.

CelticFrost

Keeper of the Watch

April 7th, 2015, 04:11
lol, there is even a you tube video with commentary on the first 15 minutes, if you are interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCO6Px_6TTk

Arkadia7

Sentinel

April 7th, 2015, 14:08
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
I'm waiting for a clean uncompressed version from gamercyde. They're usually able to provide (no idea how they get a hold of uncompressed footage) uncompressed footage for the Witcher 3.
Unlikely, because according to this site, one minute of 720p video would be 3164 MB large; so 15 minutes would be 47.46GB. I guess it depends on the chosen codec and settings, but in a 550 MB, 15 min file (according to JDR13), I would expect better quality.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

April 10th, 2015, 15:56
An awesome and quite lengthy gameplay trailer was release for TW3, and it's just amazing. 5 minutes of the most beautiful gameplay I've seen. My only gripe was when they mentioned the child of prophecy. It felt a bit too generic, but we'll see. But it looks amazing. I can hardly wait for 19th of May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

April 10th, 2015, 16:23
Doesn't look half bad

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

Tags
ign witcher 3 15, wrong forum
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Witcher 3 First 15 mins