|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

March 22nd, 2013, 02:04
Another 3 games for 49 thing at Saturn and on Amazon.de. Pretty interesting if you still don't have Risen 2 and Dishonored.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 22nd, 2013, 02:45
You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.

Gloo

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2013, 02:46
@Joxer > You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.

Gloo

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2013, 02:47
Sorry for the double post ! Guess there's no way to erase one of them ?

Gloo

Sentinel

March 22nd, 2013, 02:53
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
JDR still you haven't say should I buy "more grinding" two DLC or not? Are they fun at all?
I've never played far enough into KoA to touch either DLC. I doubt they're much different than the main game as far as quantity of enemies though.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Is this all Steam on GMG? And do you get single keys or one combined key?
You get individual Steam keys for each game.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 22nd, 2013, 12:41
Originally Posted by Gloo View Post
@Joxer > You can go to Youtube and type in Let's play + "name of the game you're interested in". I know Lucius is covered and most of the games listed on GoG are too. That's often a good way to make your mind, surely better than reading reviews or often biased comments.
True, but I'm a kind of person that will trust more to a sentence from RPGwatch community than a full gameplay/walkthrough videos.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 22nd, 2013, 22:34
A new offer on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_ma…e_broken_world

If you preorder, you get Eador:Genesis for free.
The price? 20€.
If you already own Genesis on GOG, you'll pay 18€.

This looks interesting, anyone played the first game (Genesis), is it really a mix of HoMM and Civilization?

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; March 22nd, 2013 at 22:46.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 23rd, 2013, 00:52
Also there are a bunch of Atari games for sale on GOG this weekend. http://www.gog.com/news/weekend_promo_atari_atari

These guys are starting to give me a bigger backlog than Steam!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 23rd, 2013, 15:05
Gamefly UK seems to have the last day of their Easter Sale, so they've re-activated all deals. A lot of attractive games for 75% less.

Dishonored for 12 GBP, Walking Dead for 7, the latest Anno for 7, and much more.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 23rd, 2013, 17:43
True, but I'm a kind of person that will trust more to a sentence from RPGwatch community than a full gameplay/walkthrough videos.
If that's your way I'm okay with that but what happens if a highly praised game on the Watch ends disappointing you ? Me I'm more relying on my own personal appreciation than anything else, so a good gameplay video deserve generally a higher grade than a good comment anywhere. So many times I can count when I've been disappointed by games that where recommended by people I thought having similar taste as I do…

Gloo

Sentinel

March 23rd, 2013, 19:12
And which one(s) would that be?

Look, I'm not saying my taste meets the taste of everyone here. But while posting on RPGwatch ppl tend to be honest so I can determine should I give something a try or not. There is no going soft on some game just because it's some wellknown publisher here - if it sucks, it sucks. Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.

I really don't remember buying any game based on experiences from others on RPGwatch that in the end turned out into a disappointment. In cases I've bought something that contains stuff I really dislike, for example Skyrim and it's bugs, it's usually a game I've bought without reading posts from others here. But also, ppl said Two Worlds 2 is mobrespawn game here, so I haven't bought that one as I despise grinding (in SP games) no matter how good other stuff in the game is.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 24th, 2013, 01:17
Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles has been added to the IndieGala Dwarves bundle. If hardcore slow strategy gaming is your thing, the hivemind says that EU3 is a genre defining title. And Warlock as a bonus is certainly not bad at all.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 24th, 2013, 02:11
A new offer on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/eador_ma…e_broken_world

If you preorder, you get Eador:Genesis for free.
The price? 20€.
If you already own Genesis on GOG, you'll pay 18€.

This looks interesting, anyone played the first game (Genesis), is it really a mix of HoMM and Civilization?
I got it thanks. I downloaded the Genesis one and played it for a while. In my Windows 7 64 bit computer it had issues at first. I went to the game's forum in GoG and quickly found a workaround that worked for me. I played the game for a while and liked it a lot, I'd say it's like Warlock in that you gain money/gems from controlling provinces, hire units, learn spells, etc. and battles are tactical too, with terrain giving benefits/penalties to units. It's also not a cakewalk, which I like.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

March 24th, 2013, 22:48
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is $9.99 on Steam for the next 20 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2013, 23:19

Look, I'm not saying my taste meets the taste of everyone here. But while posting on RPGwatch ppl tend to be honest so I can determine should I give something a try or not. There is no going soft on some game just because it's some wellknown publisher here - if it sucks, it sucks. Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.

I really don't remember buying any game based on experiences from others on RPGwatch that in the end turned out into a disappointment. In cases I've bought something that contains stuff I really dislike, for example Skyrim and it's bugs, it's usually a game I've bought without reading posts from others here. But also, ppl said Two Worlds 2 is mobrespawn game here, so I haven't bought that one as I despise grinding (in SP games) no matter how good other stuff in the game is.
What he said.

After being here a while you can tell based on the post whether or not you are going to like the game. One game that got relatively good word of mouth was Venetica. By who people were describing the game I could tell I would like it and I loved it. OTOH, another game many people liked but I can tell I would hate or at least play and not finish by the way the posters described it was Inquisition. Waiting for that to be 5.99 or less and then I will partake.

Dajjer

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2013, 23:36
Fair to say that is a big reason many of us hang out here … many of us get into heated debates about all kinds of crap, but ultimately we all share a love for role playing computer games. Not always the same ones, and not to the same extent … but most can articulate what they liked or didn't like to the extent that it is useful for others.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 25th, 2013, 01:18
That was just an hypothesis. I thought you would understand.

Also ppl here don't slice and dice indie games unlike review sites, many of those are very good and provide more fun than AAA titles.
You're preaching to a converted ! I usually spend more time on indie rogue-likes (even the regular ASCII ones) than I do on Skyrim and such top notch graphiccy servants. No disrespect to the E.S. series here, as I'm a big fan of it though but I must admit I spent more hours on TOME lately than I did with the Greybeards.

Gloo

Sentinel

March 25th, 2013, 11:36
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is $9.99 on Steam for the next 20 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/
Fell for that one I did.

Increase backlog with one more step, but now this was at the price I thought it should have been so..

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

March 27th, 2013, 01:41
Weekly Humble Deal:
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

This week:
Darksiders
Red Faction Armageddon

Pay more than the average:
Darksiders 2
Red Faction. Guerrilla

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

March 27th, 2013, 19:46
Daily Deal on Steam has Mount&Blade pack for 9€:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14259/

I've never bought it… I remember ppl saying it's great, but… For whatever reason I never wanted to buy it. That's a game with generated quests and without a scripted mainquest/story/end, right?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!