|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

April 30th, 2014, 01:41
The same deal on GOG where Consortium just got released:
http://www.gog.com/game/consortium_the_master_edition

Someone put as the first comment "A future cult classic.".
It's not. It's a proper start of a franchise and is a short little gem.
The upcoming sequel, if done properly, could make a cult classic in FO1/FO2 style.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 30th, 2014, 05:23
On Steam:

Conclave for .99
Avadon - The Black Forest for $1.99

HellRazor

Watcher

May 1st, 2014, 02:32
So I have a feeling Amazon made a pricing mistake here:

Warlock 2: Great Mage Ed. $5
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J4SZ96E

Edit: No longer available
Last edited by greywolf00; May 1st, 2014 at 04:39.

greywolf00

Sentinel

May 1st, 2014, 03:17
"Currently Not Available"

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2014, 03:25
Boo! Hehe…

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

May 1st, 2014, 03:51
They are taunting me… It's time for action.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2014, 04:36
crap, back at $50

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 1st, 2014, 04:38
Yeah that didn't last long, pretty sure they made a mistake with the $5. Wonder how many units sold before they fixed it.

greywolf00

Sentinel

May 1st, 2014, 19:24
Bound by Flame is currently ~$27 @ Nuuvem.com.br.

Bundyo

Watchdog

May 1st, 2014, 22:12
Shadowrun Returns is the weekend special on Steam. For £3.73 I think I'll give it a shot. There's also some Activision stuff and, more importantly, a special on Star Wars games. I recommend everyone play the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, although they're a bit clunky these days. Oh, KotOR 1 and 2 are in there, too.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

May 2nd, 2014, 04:38
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
Shadowrun Returns is the weekend special on Steam. For £3.73 I think I'll give it a shot. There's also some Activision stuff and, more importantly, a special on Star Wars games. I recommend everyone play the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, although they're a bit clunky these days. Oh, KotOR 1 and 2 are in there, too.
Got KotoR 1 and 2. Played them years ago in my Xbox, but at $7 for both might as well give them another go (specially 2 with the restored content patch). Are there any mods I should use for them (1 and 2)? Do they work well with Steam?

wolfing

May 2nd, 2014, 05:41
I played KotoR start to finish on Steam without any issues. I never finished KotoR 2, but I didn't have issues with what I did play.

greywolf00

Sentinel

May 2nd, 2014, 12:58
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Got KotoR 1 and 2. Played them years ago in my Xbox, but at $7 for both might as well give them another go (specially 2 with the restored content patch). Are there any mods I should use for them (1 and 2)? Do they work well with Steam?
Mods work fine with Steam, though not always with the restored content mod for 2. KOTOR 1 has a tiny bit of restored content worth getting, but the other mods are nothing much unless the status effects animations really annoy you or you are prepared to risk losing a saved game in exchange for better looking light sabers and sounds.

I'd also recommend not getting m4-78 aka the 'droid planet' (not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on ) in KOTOR 2 - it's a little hollow. With the greatest respect (and gratitude) for the hard work of the mods on this, m4-78 is … not quite there. Missing a little bit of the magic of the rest of the game.

Gaxkang

Sentinel

May 2nd, 2014, 14:42
Originally Posted by Gaxkang View Post
Mods work fine with Steam, though not always with the restored content mod for 2. KOTOR 1 has a tiny bit of restored content worth getting, but the other mods are nothing much unless the status effects animations really annoy you or you are prepared to risk losing a saved game in exchange for better looking light sabers and sounds.

I'd also recommend not getting m4-78 aka the 'droid planet' (not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on ) in KOTOR 2 - it's a little hollow. With the greatest respect (and gratitude) for the hard work of the mods on this, m4-78 is … not quite there. Missing a little bit of the magic of the rest of the game.
Yes I'm mostly interested in restored content (and if there are high-definition mods, that too)

wolfing

May 2nd, 2014, 18:45
The restored content mod is an absolute must, and I'm normally the sort of person that sticks to vanilla. For starters all the broken bits are fixed so no more googling 'Onderon bugs' when you land or wondering why saying X didn't result in person A being upset.

Other than that quests have extra layers that - with hindsight - it's clear were always meant to be there. So a few of the quest walkthroughs are outdated or wrong. For example contrary to most advice, don't worry about finishing certain quests on Nar Shadaa before you leave. Others will have different (better imho) light/dark side reactions.

Some hubs will also flip into dungeons, for example the fight on Dantooine is now a proper siege and not a cutscene plus short corridor brawl.

But as I said earlier, do say the right line to HK-47 early on, or you won't get the droid level, one of the bigger additions.

Gaxkang

Sentinel

May 2nd, 2014, 19:57
Played KoTR 1 and enjoyed it a few years ago, so bought the 2nd today. Three bucks is three bucks, yo!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2014, 02:39
Recently thought about the The Suffering (by Midway), and was surprised to find that it is freeware now:

http://games.softpedia.com/progDownl…oad-28764.html

Excellent action/adventure game with a (good and working) horror theme. Not for the faint hearted though!

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

May 6th, 2014, 03:01
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
OMG I totally forgot to add Gary's incident review.
Even if you don't have 2€ to spare on the game, the vid is free and it's educational enough to get more than, you read right, more than 3.5 million views.

A game review with so many views… Must be a good game. Or a good review?
Don't skip it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0
funny - the video is no longer available

got to laugh that steam doesn't link the metacritic on it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/da…arrys-incident

I might just check it out based on the bad reviews. is it as bad as bus driver simulator or does he become the king of limbo?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

May 6th, 2014, 09:20
Originally Posted by Gaxkang View Post
(not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on )
Mind elaborating?

Also, a bit of silliness I ran into that reminded me of this thread
http://gaben.tv/

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

May 6th, 2014, 11:43
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
funny - the video is no longer available

got to laugh that steam doesn't link the metacritic on it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/da…arrys-incident

I might just check it out based on the bad reviews. is it as bad as bus driver simulator or does he become the king of limbo?
It's up to the developers to link to Metacritic. Most of the really bad games won't have a metacritic score showing, though there are some obvious exceptions (and in some cases it would seem like they are daring people to find out just how bad the game actually is).

I got Garry's Incident in a bundle a while ago, so I could test to see if Garry deserves the title of King of Limbo, if anyone is really curious, but I guess it's just another bad game. (I am by the way not going to play Limbo of the Lost again to compare the two. I own that game, but having installed it once was enough).

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!