|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

December 29th, 2011, 06:23
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Even better - Get Games has Serious Sam 3: BFE for 75% off ($11.99)! I grabbed it earlier, and it activates right through Steam. Sadly they are out of codes right now …
Nice… I was going to purchase it from Steam, but I'll wait a day and see if they get more in stock.

I've never heard of that site before, and they seem to have some really good deals.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 29th, 2011, 06:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Nice… I was going to purchase it from Steam, but I'll wait a day and see if they get more in stock.

I've never heard of that site before, and they seem to have some really good deals.
Get Games was formed by Eurogamer a few years back, but you can grab stuff from them in the US as well.

In general I am not a huge fan because when you get the games through them they have a 3 activation limit and other limits I don't like - so I don't generally buy from them, but if they have a great deal on a Steamworks game I'll do it.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Default Total War 75% off

December 30th, 2011, 01:03
Over at Steam, the Total War series is on sale, including Shogun 2 for $7.50.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

December 30th, 2011, 20:12
Fallout New Vegas is $4.99!

The DLC is 75% off as well.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

December 31st, 2011, 19:52
Some nice end of the year deals at Steam. Sale ends tomorrow.

L.A. Noir - $12.49
Bioshock 1&2 - $4.99 each
Dark Messiah of M&M - $2.49
Heroes of M&M V - $2.49
Heroes of M&M VI - $24.99

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 31st, 2011, 19:52
ah ha! I'd been waiting for Homm VI !

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

December 31st, 2011, 21:02
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Dark Messiah of M&M - $2.49

Aarrgh!

I just can't pass up prices like this, even though many Steam library is now filled with quite a few games that I will probably never play.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

December 31st, 2011, 23:10
Man, that's a great sale on some M&M titles. Steam is gonna put a hurting on my wallet before '12 is even here. =xxxx

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

January 1st, 2012, 02:12
Two great deals on Steam:

LA Noire PC @ Steam Complete Edition 12,49€
Hitman Collection 4,99€

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

January 1st, 2012, 02:55
I'm tempted to grab that Hitman Collection. Anyone have an opinion on those games? Other than briefly trying the demo for the original game years ago, I've never played any of them.

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 1st, 2012, 05:20
The first used to be one of my favourite games. Huge, open levels (jungle, harbour, hotel) with tasks inspired by various movies (for example The Godfather restaurant kill). Insanely high difficulty level, sometimes very tricky. Hitman is more a puzzle game which turns shooter at times. Nice, sudden changes between stealth and frantic shootouts; meaning you try to be invisible but if this fails you have to shoot the witnesses within seconds.
The game is very cynical.
Graphics were never really good. Controls are okay but need some time get used to, like all 3rd person shooters.
IMHO Hitman 1's Rotterdam harbour level alone is worth the 5 bucks.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

January 1st, 2012, 11:41
I agree with Gorath: the first Hitman is a masterpiece for me.
You have an arsenal at your disposal, but it becomes almost useless since most of the time you should think an alternative way to kill your target; plus, using piano string to choke people and using disguises have no price, trust me .

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel

January 1st, 2012, 17:21
Ok fellas, you talked me into it. I've always wanted to try the hitman games!

6.50 for the whole enchilada (as we say in SoCal) is a nice deal

I'm kinda tempted in a strange way to buy Quake 2 again on Steam. Some of the best deathmatch I ever played was on that, I'd love to play the Main Gate map again every-man-for-himself style. Do people still play Quake 2 MP?

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

January 1st, 2012, 20:25
Steam Encore sale going on today. Everything you decided against getting the first go around once more on sale.

…ahhhhhh, I feel my defenses against buying Skyrim eroding.

Also worth mentioning is that tomorrow is the last day for the GoG sale.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 2nd, 2012, 04:25
I grabbed the Hitman collection as well.

Looking at reviews, it's interesting to see that the first game scored much lower with critics than the sequels.

I also noticed there's a game called Hitman: Contracts that's not included with this collection and also doesn't seem to exist anywhere as a digital download. Has anyone played it?

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2012, 04:42
The first hitman had a lot of odd little issues and some gameplay mechanics and levels that flat out contradicted the overall theme of the game. And it was incredibly buggy as well. That is why it scored so much lower.

It is strange that they did not include Contracts in the set or even sell it online. And it is an interesting game for several reasons. In Contracts you are allowed to really see into Agent 47's mind, as it retells the story of the first game, but entirely from his point of view and it has some subtle things that really helps set the mood, like for an example the weather is always a lot darker and more depressing in Contracts than it was in the original game. The game does more than just rehash the old story though.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

January 2nd, 2012, 04:50
I can't recall which one I played and reviewed several years ago, as all three sites I was reviewing for at the time are gone now … but it wasn;t the first one. I own the collection but have yet to return …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2012, 05:01
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
It is strange that they did not include Contracts in the set or even sell it online. And it is an interesting game for several reasons. In Contracts you are allowed to really see into Agent 47's mind, as it retells the story of the first game, but entirely from his point of view and it has some subtle things that really helps set the mood, like for an example the weather is always a lot darker and more depressing in Contracts than it was in the original game. The game does more than just rehash the old story though.
Thanks. I might try to track down a retail copy, assuming I end up liking the other titles enough. I don't understand why they wouldn't offer that one in DD format, and I'll probably have to jump through hoops to get the retail version to run in Windows 7…

Also.. Steam is now having an encore day where all the previous sale prices are back until tomorrow. Still thinking about grabbing that new Serious Sam game…

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2012, 18:03
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
IMHO Hitman 1's Rotterdam harbour level alone is worth the 5 bucks.
Wait, Rotterdam has been featured in a game? Cool! I live close and work there. Too bad I won't get a Hitman game. :/

EDIT: lol, watched it on YouTube. It's complete with bad Dutch on window stores and everything. "Goodkoop opwinding" on the sex shop window is just ridiculous. It's gramatically incorrect (it's "goedkope opwinding", well unless it's used as seperate words) and I can't believe any sex shop would put it on their window. It sounds… wrong! haha, fun. I've never seen Dutch in a video game.

Anyway, to make it legal… not the best deal, since it's been lower, but it's a different kind of game. I just bought the Magic The Gathering game Gold Bundle on Steam at 33% down.

I kind of forced myself not to get any Command & Conquer game last weekend, but now that they're more expensive again (though not full price) I regret it. These sales really ARE killing me!
Last edited by Thaurin; January 2nd, 2012 at 18:19.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

January 2nd, 2012, 18:56
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I kind of forced myself not to get any Command & Conquer game last weekend, but now that they're more expensive again (though not full price) I regret it. These sales really ARE killing me!
I bought SKyrim for precisely that reason; despite feeling little compunction to play right now, I knew I'd be annoyed with myself if I hadn't pulled the trigger.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!