|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » M$ gives 100 dollars if you (finally) leave winXP

Default M$ gives 100 dollars if you (finally) leave winXP

March 26th, 2014, 15:33
Yea… Only if you live in USA or Canada.

And only if you upgrade to win8.1. And you don't get cash but $100 less price for buying "a gadget" not cheaper than $600, something like that.
More details:
http://content.microsoftstore.com/en…e#offer-xp-100

Honestly I'm clueless why Microsoft today thinks winXP is so evil that it needs to die for good. Stopping the support and informing everyone about it is enough. Who wants to use it will continue to use it. For example I don't see any reason to give a new machine to my (old!) mother who uses the ancient winXP only for skype and surfing and likes it. And she despises new touchscreen phones, she loves her bigbuttons motorola.
And she'd probably hate me if I gave her a new fancy and expensive machine with touchscreen OS.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 26th, 2014, 15:39
I doubt that it's a case of hating XP. I'd say it's more a problem of having built something that's a little too good for many users in an industry where the only way you make money is getting people to buy something new.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 26th, 2014, 15:42
I'd say it's creating incentive where it can be otherwise hard to detect for the mainstream audience.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 26th, 2014, 16:19
WinXP doesn't have enough built-in security loopholes so the NSA can spy on you after paying Microsoft off. HAR HAR!

Yes, I'm talking out of my ass, but it's good to think outside the box

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 26th, 2014, 18:15
I took part in ms xmas campaign to get money back for buyinh ms hardware. I was suppose to get back 50% of the price. Its three months now since I registered and mailed them and I havent received anything. Just one more fail for ms.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

March 26th, 2014, 18:35
I wouldn't say xp is too good but rather everything after isn't good enough.

I use win 8.1 with 3rd party software to skip metro and bring back the start menu. It's rock solid and a quality OS but I can't see any reason to recommend it to someone over an XP or win7.

sakichop

SasqWatch

March 26th, 2014, 19:10
I still have XP on my dual-boot setup, but I haven't used it in about a year. From a gaming perspective, there's really no reason to have it. I suppose there's still the odd game that runs better in XP, but Win 7 runs 99% of games fine for me, and it's faster.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 26th, 2014, 20:26
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I'd say it's more a problem of having built something that's a little too good for many users in an industry where the only way you make money is getting people to buy something new.
I agree to that.

Besides, a countdown you won't see very often : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo…f-support.aspx

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » M$ gives 100 dollars if you (finally) leave winXP