|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Official Modding Forum

Default The Witcher - Official Modding Forum

January 15th, 2008, 11:49
CD Projekt has opened an official board to discuss the Djinni toolset and Witcher mods:
Because the release of out toolset Djinni is coming very soon, I'd like to introduce to you our new forum for modders. We'll try to answer all your questions about Djinni and other technical or meritorical matters. I hope that as soon as the toolset is released, all of you will get to work and create many unique adventures in The Witcher's world.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2008, 11:49
Cool, not too much longer till the toolset is out.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2008, 12:02
Can't wait for those mods!

szokol

Watchdog

January 15th, 2008, 14:50
Can't wait to see what those talented modders can do

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

January 15th, 2008, 17:00
That was quick. I'm going to assume its too quick for having any modifications to allow Multiplayer.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

January 15th, 2008, 18:26
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
That was quick. I'm going to assume its too quick for having any modifications to allow Multiplayer.
That would be correct.

Djinni is not implementing a new version of The Witcher. It allows for editing of modules.

Please note that the Witcher is not a height mapped based game like NWN2 nor is it a tile based game. CD Projekt created the areas used in the Witcher in 3dsmax.

Steel_Wind

General Manager

January 16th, 2008, 04:32
This may sound very shallow, but I'm hoping someone comes up with some good new weapons models. Granted I'm still only in chapter II, but it seems like The Witcher's steel sword, which is supposed to be so bad a**, is a little erm… un-exciting looking. It's the same sword model as countless PFI's are using, and that's just not right! I still want it to be realistic looking and not over the top, and just a little more unique.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

January 16th, 2008, 17:37
A sword is a sword, it's for killing things. I kind of like it that the gear in The Witcher is more stripped-down functional than glamorous.
I understand though, that you guys always want your swords to be unique.

Looking forward to the imminent release of the toolset—also it's probably a good idea for CDProjekt to set up this forum to promote it and help out potential users, as they've already indicated it's going to be no walk in the park to utilize it.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

January 16th, 2008, 18:00
Here is my wee ratties excitement now times that by a thousand and we have some very exicted Skaven over here in Taiwan

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

January 17th, 2008, 04:03
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
A sword is a sword, it's for killing things. I kind of like it that the gear in The Witcher is more stripped-down functional than glamorous.
I understand though, that you guys always want your swords to be unique.
And I suppose you think a car is just for getting from points A to B, right?.. Women, I just don't understand them!

I agree that we shouldn't see any flamboyant designs like you would see in Morrowind, or Two Worlds, but something a little more, like you said, unique!

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

January 25th, 2008, 20:17
I'd like to see a mod which would let me throw my dagger. those small axes are usefull against shield weilding opponents and torch has an obvious use, but daggers arent' very usefull or atleast i haven't figured out what to do with them

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

January 25th, 2008, 23:21
Cleaning your fingernails?

zahratustra

SasqWatch

February 24th, 2008, 13:47
as for the swords… there are a few more than the witcher's and meteorite ones. There is harvall, gwalhir and rune sihil, each looks very different. There are some others like the illegal sword, Order of the flaming rose swords, and Scoia-tael swords, they look pretty cool, but sucks ass whan you look at stats. You can optain harvall in the chapter 2 on the swamps, but wyverns are protecting it.

Unfortunetly the silver swords looks always the same in the game

Nilhilion

February 24th, 2008, 15:28
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
This may sound very shallow, but I'm hoping someone comes up with some good new weapons models. Granted I'm still only in chapter II, but it seems like The Witcher's steel sword, which is supposed to be so bad a**, is a little erm… un-exciting looking. It's the same sword model as countless PFI's are using, and that's just not right! I still want it to be realistic looking and not over the top, and just a little more unique.
Actually, I particularly liked that bit about it. There's a Terry Pratchett novel where the legendary sword of a long-dead king is, basically, just a sword with a notch in it — a very well-balanced, very well-forged sword, designed for maximal efficiency in killing people, but with no fancy jewels in the pommel, runes on the blade, or other unnecessary extras. The Witcher's swords have very much that feel about them — they're tools, not ornaments.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

February 24th, 2008, 19:11
Why's there a wolf head on the silver one then?

kalniel

SasqWatch

February 24th, 2008, 20:44
And I also agree that rubies and jewels in a sword hilt is cheesy. For, like the third time, I'm not talking about that. And I also feel that the witcher's sword is cool looking. My beef is that the PFI's have as equally cool looking swords. Either they should have less impressive models, or Geralt should have a more impressive one. Functional, but more unique. They are the tools of a Witcher's craft, yes. But wouldn't you agree that said 'craft' is a very speciallized art? Why, then, would it not require equally special 'tools'? - Mind you I'm speaking in regards to the two-handed sword, not the silver one. The silver one is fine. But my take on the Witcher story is that these men who live by the sword would take great pride in their weapons and would wish them to be completely unique - sort of like the Jedis and their differently color light sabers.

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

February 24th, 2008, 20:55
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
But my take on the Witcher story is that these men who live by the sword would take great pride in their weapons and would wish them to be completely unique - sort of like the Jedis and their differently color light sabers.
Then again, AFAIK the Samurai didn't have much variety by way of sword models. Yet they if anyone are the closest real-life counterparts we have to witcher-style swordsmen. And few designs are as beautifully and simply functional as a katana — even with the low-key curlicue of ornamentation around the guard.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Official Modding Forum