|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - German Preview in GameStar Magazine

Default Drakensang - German Preview in GameStar Magazine

February 7th, 2008, 16:50
I had a brief look at the preview during a visit to our local supermarket.

It´s very positive. A few formal things in the article stood out:
The EiC mentioned in the editorial on page 3 that Drakensang is already fully playable and in surprisingly good shape. They´re not worried at all that it could be as buggy as other well known RPGs.
GameStar was the first publication worldwide who were allowed to play the game [longer than a couple of minutes I assume]. The preview is hands-on, they´ve played the game for two full days in Radon Labs´ office.
And finally, they were allowed to take their own screenshots, with(out) all the still missing details.

Now I´m even more sure than I was after the lengthy session at the GC that Drakensang will be at least "good", but probably better.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2008, 21:07
What surprised me is the fact that seemingly there wre very few bugs in there.
This could help regain the reputation that went down with Gothic 3, for example.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 10th, 2008, 23:11
There was another german print article about sponsorship in games industry. Drakensang gets sponsored by a german fund, overall 500.000 € for the developer. There was also mentioned that the game was revaluated (I guess that means within the dtp / Anaconda catalogue), so they could spend more time with bugtesting and QA.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang - German Preview in GameStar Magazine