|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN - v1.69 Beta 5

Default NWN - v1.69 Beta 5

February 7th, 2008, 17:12
BioWare's Craig Welburn has announced v1.69 Beta 5 for NWN with these changes:
- Fixes to horse related scripts.
- Fixed portable encampment script x3_it_camp.nss, so that it only fires when the item is activated.
- Fixed toolset crash when shutting down toolset, or switching between modules.
- Fixed issue in the "City Interior 2" tileset that could cause the toolset/game to crash.
- Newly created modules will now have the OnClientEnter script set to "x3_mod_def_enter" by default.
- Removed extra broken ruby template from Toolset palette.
- Fixed broken portrait references in Appearance.2da for Halaster, Satyr Archer, Satry Warrior and the "Witch King, Disguised".
- Many tileset fixes.
- Many spelling/typo fixes to the offical campaign.
- Fixed issue with some flag/tree placeables moving after being placed down in the toolset.
- Fixed game hang caused by Wizards having more than 255 spells known in their spell book.
…and Brian Chung continues to mention a v1.70.
Thanks, Lucky Day!
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2008, 17:12
I can't believe that they're still updating NWN?! Who'd've thought that after all these years that it'd still be getting support with at least one more patch coming? Even more surprising since they've been assimilated by the Evil Empire Jr.(TM).

Let's just hope that they release a construction kit for Dragon Age and that it is supported for a similar period of time, and is actually a good game.

cutterjohn

Sentinel

February 8th, 2008, 19:12
The problem with this of course, is they've been promising this patch for a year and a half. We are actually starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But now, I've stopped playing the thing. heh.

I'd be curious too if this patch will have any effect on Dragon Age. I wonder if there's any spillover effect.

And with DA, I'm hoping too that there's really good MP support like they had with NWN.

As we've seen from some of the code from BG, NWN, and KotOR Bioware tends to recycle code or systems, which is quite normal for any developer.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

February 9th, 2008, 01:43
Mac and Linux versions are now available.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

February 9th, 2008, 02:00
Dragon Age uses the Eclipse engine and NWN uses Aurora so I don't think there will be any spill over.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2008, 03:57
There's already plenty of spillover since the Inifinity Engine. The Aurora Engine has elements of IE, KotOR, and the Electron Engine do as well. I'm sure it will be the same for Djinni.

We know that DA was originally started with some modified Aurora.

I'm just commenting that one of the justifications for continuing the patches could be some Beta'g features for other games, especially DA. Sony was said to be doing this to Everquest for SW Galaxies.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

February 10th, 2008, 09:49
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
There's already plenty of spillover since the Inifinity Engine. The Aurora Engine has elements of IE, KotOR, and the Electron Engine do as well. I'm sure it will be the same for Djinni.

We know that DA was originally started with some modified Aurora.

I'm just commenting that one of the justifications for continuing the patches could be some Beta'g features for other games, especially DA. Sony was said to be doing this to Everquest for SW Galaxies.
There is no hidden agenda or mysterious motives other than love of the game at work. The patch work goes on as the prime people doing it at BioWare love the game and its fans. Send your laurels to Craig Welburn and Brian Chung.

It really isn't any more complicated than that.

As for the content in the xp3.bif - it was bought and paid for by BioWare from DLA long ago. No mystery to that either.

.Robert
General Manager, roXidy Games Inc.

Steel_Wind

General Manager

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN - v1.69 Beta 5