|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Lost in the mine

Angry Lost in the mine

February 16th, 2008, 11:24
Hi all,

this has got to be the best game i've ever played… but… i've gotten lost in the mine… i've managed to get one cave cleaned out of minecrawlers but i think it was the wrong one… i only found a 'fire protection' ring there… not the bonebow or the other ring… where do i go from here???

thanks for your help…

ps… this is the 1st rpg game i've ever played other than 'DOOM' many many years ago…

Stryder7

ranger

Send a message via MSN to Stryder7

February 16th, 2008, 13:14
Name of the quest pls?

Altair

Ibn La Ahad

February 16th, 2008, 15:41
Doom is a FPS, so itīs your first RPG. Then just as a small hint for every RPG: Save often and in more than one slot! Especially the games in the Gothic series are not always cooperative.

Precision is necessary. Which quest are you working on, which chapter are you in and in which mine are you? Generally speaking all dungeons are reasonably small. Usually you canīt get lost.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 16th, 2008, 18:15
Here's how JemyM's walkthrough describes how to get there (I edited out the other spoilers).

Enter the Mine, walk down to the melt-oven (with the working Orc Slave). Here you have two caves leading to minecrawlers…You will find what you need [in the cave on the left].

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

February 16th, 2008, 21:36
I'm at he 1st mine that belongs to the Old Camp where Ian is…. I'm at the spot where the 1st 'named' templar Gor Na Bar is talking to an un-named templar… I realize from what i've read that i'm not down at the bottom of the mine yet… I save all the time… lol… every time I get something or kill something… to me the next ramp down looked like a wall so I hadn't gone down that way yet…
thanks all
Last edited by Stryder7; February 16th, 2008 at 21:43. Reason: added info

Stryder7

ranger

February 17th, 2008, 00:43
The first visit to the old mine is to complete Diego's "test of faith" quest, you could just run in and get the list from Ian, exit the mine and back to Diego - quest complete.

All the other stuff like killing the minecrawlers, finding the gearwheel, the crawler queen and all the npc quests etc' etc' can be done much easier later when you get a second visit to the mine per Cor Kaloms quest. This is because normally by then you should have strength, dex' , weapon and level increases.
Last edited by Wulf; February 17th, 2008 at 02:06.

Wulf

Inquisitor

February 17th, 2008, 07:08
done with mine thanks… sure an interesting game… played waaaaayy too long last night… was up til 3am… oh well…

Stryder7

ranger

February 17th, 2008, 07:17
While weīre talking about savegames … keep one with Ianīs list in your inventory.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 17th, 2008, 09:15
tnx for the info… have one with list tnx

Stryder7

ranger

February 17th, 2008, 20:21
Originally Posted by Stryder7 View Post
done with mine thanks… sure an interesting game… played waaaaayy too long last night… was up til 3am… oh well…
Played Gothic 2 from 10pm till 5.30 am when I just installed it. (I had mine on june 12, a day before the official english release and I just had to play.)

so very, very tired (Star Trek XI quote according to the Simpsons)

Bartacus

BartWatch

February 18th, 2008, 00:32
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Played Gothic 2 from 10pm till 5.30 am when I just installed it. (I had mine on june 12, a day before the official english release and I just had to play.)
I got the game (Gothic Universe) and sat and looked at it for a week… afraid to start it in case I couldn't play it… I am 'old' and my hands aren't as fast as they used to be… I'm sure happily surprised that I can handle this game

Stryder7

ranger

February 18th, 2008, 23:27
Originally Posted by Stryder7 View Post
I got the game (Gothic Universe) and sat and looked at it for a week… afraid to start it in case I couldn't play it… I am 'old' and my hands aren't as fast as they used to be… I'm sure happily surprised that I can handle this game
I would say: "you can not be that old!", but it would sound very familar for your avatar won't it?
About being fast -> This is a reason why I don't like an FPS. Give me any other game and I can handle it after some practice (for racers I try to memorize the circuit and to follow the perfect line)

so very, very tired (Star Trek XI quote according to the Simpsons)

Bartacus

BartWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Lost in the mine