|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lionhead Studios - Being Peter Molyneux @ Gamasutra

Default Lionhead Studios - Being Peter Molyneux @ Gamasutra

November 1st, 2006, 00:47
A four-page interview with Peter Molyneux is up at Gamasutra, discussing "next-gen" development, his persona and Fable 2:
GS: So what can you say about Fable 2?
PM: Hereís the thing about Fable 2 – the whole reason that Lionhead exists, the reason that Microsoft acquired us, and the reason that I still am passionate about games is about innovation. We should kick every single foundation stone that weíve got in Fable 2 – the way weíve done that is with lots of experiments.
There are experiments with how we tell the story, experiments with what the world is and what the world means, experiments with - and this is probably the biggest experiment of all – the emotions I want you to feel as a player.
I want you to feel real emotions with Fable 2 that you havenít felt before. I want you to experience things like unconditional love – thatís what Iím trying to get to. What this all adds up to is the idea that Fable 2 is intended to be a landmark game – itís not just a sequel to Fable. It would have been so easy to do that.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 1st, 2006, 00:47
I'm sure he'll spew out many fantastic features and innovation he's going to bring forth then later apologize his failure to lack of time and money. Why is this moron continue to make crappy games over and over? It's beyond me.

User NameXX

Banned

November 1st, 2006, 01:08
Originally Posted by PetertheGreat
I want you to experience things like unconditional love
That's just too good. This tiger will never change his stripes…

chamr

Mounted Highborn

November 1st, 2006, 15:11
Hopefully he truly has learned from experiences … but I tend to think that it *will* be "just a sequel to Fable."

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 2nd, 2006, 02:07
I like his spirit though, even when he not delivers the goods all the time. But I fault his PR man more for not gagging him in time. He probably drove some of those guys totally insane already. "What did Peter say this time? No, please say that he didn't……argfghhdh". It's the imagination of game developers like Peter that give innovation a fighting chance in this conservative fear-driven market.

slam23

Tormented Planescaper

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lionhead Studios - Being Peter Molyneux @ Gamasutra