|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Available in May

Default The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Available in May

February 19th, 2008, 01:24
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
Don't forget the promo video which reveals that there is also a canadian mod team working on a third downloadable module.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZH_fSZqyM
Or it could be that things left out of the press release and .pdf were left out for a good reason.

.Robert
General Manager, roXidy Games Inc.

Steel_Wind

General Manager

February 19th, 2008, 05:07
Originally Posted by Holly Avenger View Post
This is great news and I thoroughly applaud it.

But seriously, buy it again? When you get most of the good stuff as a free download? If I needed another copy for some other reason I could see getting this new one as the way to go, but otherwise you're effectively doubling the cost of the game for yourself.

The only game I have two copies of is NWN, and that's because my second copy came free with the NWN2 collectors edition!
If you have the money, it's a nice way to thank the developers of the game for making so many improvements for free
Really looking forward to its release.

kuppa

Traveler

February 19th, 2008, 05:47
Someone's got to ask it: will there be only one version? Or one for mature adults that can handle nipples in their game without freaking out, and another for the US?

chamr

Mounted Highborn

February 19th, 2008, 10:49
Originally Posted by chamr View Post
Someone's got to ask it: will there be only one version? Or one for mature adults that can handle nipples in their game without freaking out, and another for the US?
They haven't decided yet.

kalniel

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2008, 11:33
This will likely depend on Atari and ESRB.

Ausir

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2008, 15:11
These enhancements are going into place for a 360/ps3 release? It makes sense to polish it up for new reviews and a larger market.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

February 19th, 2008, 15:19
I'm undecided.

I feel like "no, this isn't the real thing. Wait a few months and you'll get it, eventually".

*sighs*

And what are they going to do with the so far unsold copies of the game ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 19th, 2008, 15:46
5 additional hours of play,
extra dvd + 2 x CDs
80 page instruction booklet,
112 page guide,
50 page short story
+other significant updates
+extra modules?
I allready have the CE but in this case I dont want to get anything for free so Im more than willing to pay for that as an "addon". There are plenty of addons that dont last more than 5-10 hours (i.e in shooters) and this one comes with horde of other stuff too.

I need to make room for another bookshelf.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

February 19th, 2008, 16:57
Now let the modding begin.

The D'jinni toolkit….It is a powerful protool - containing dialogue editor and quest editor, cutscenes can also be created with it and it comes with a comprehensive manual….sounds pretty good.

http://witchervault.ign.com/View.php…ls.Detail&id=2
Last edited by Wulf; February 20th, 2008 at 10:59. Reason: typo

Wulf

Inquisitor

February 21st, 2008, 20:38
Regarding the dialogue improvements…

Official CDProjekt's comment on the English version states that it's lack of quality was due to a time AND (espiecially) character limit in the dialogue lines. They have announced that over 5000 lines of dialogue will be rewritten and dubbed again (thet's kind of PRish, but sounds promising). This update will be released with the enhanced edition (therefore should be available to download for registered users from the Witcher's official site).

Furia

Traveler

February 21st, 2008, 22:16
Originally Posted by Furia View Post
They have announced that over 5000 lines of dialogue will be rewritten and dubbed again
Wow. If that's true, that is pure rockage.

chamr

Mounted Highborn

February 21st, 2008, 22:45
It says that in the .pdf, so it should be true.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 22nd, 2008, 01:24
On the other hand that's kind of a sting against Atari, if all these rumors are true that Atari cut down some dialogue lines.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 24th, 2008, 19:09
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
On the other hand that's kind of a sting against Atari, if all these rumors are true that Atari cut down some dialogue lines.
They already talked about that - time dictated what they had in the current release (which is still fine if you ask me). The Witcher had already been given several time extensions but it was quite important to get it out when it did. Now that it is out they have the time to improve it further. Fine - it's their money, but personally the improvement to the game that redoing the dialogue would bring would not be worth the money IMHO - I'd rather they gave us something else for the money (Though, seeing as they are giving us lots of other things to I can't really complain )

kalniel

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Available in May