|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Temptation More Sequel than Add-On

Default Two Worlds - Temptation More Sequel than Add-On

February 20th, 2008, 12:03
Gamebanshee posts a factoid on the new Temptation stand-alone addition to Reality Pump's Two Worlds, garnered from the Zuzzex forums. They've obligingly translated a post there from Dick Hassinger, VP of business development:
As I already said Two Worlds - The Temptation becomes a completely new game and not an add-on. Not one 3D object from Two Worlds is reused. That cannot be done already out of technical reasons. We're using a new graphic and sound engine. Multiplayer is also using completely new code. And an add-on it can't be, because it is not compatible with the first Two Worlds. We don't call it "Two Worlds 2" because we don't think that sounds right. Simply compare the screenshots of 2WTT with 2W. I know that there are currently only 4 on the Internet, but new shots will be released in the next PC Action and in the next GameStar.
More information.

magerette

Hedgewitch

February 20th, 2008, 12:03
I wonder how this is going to work. Will I be able to use my old character or must I create a new one? Also the territory and the quests from the main game be included in the addon or will it be all new?

- hmm I found some info: the old lands will be included with an appropriate facelift. Still no info about importing the old char.

No matter I'm looking forward for this one.

DaDoom

Watcher

February 20th, 2008, 12:10
Sounds very much like Gothic 1 -> Gothic 2, where you coul revisit the old world, but it looks a bit different. I will most certainly get Two Worlds: Temptation.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 20th, 2008, 17:46
Hmmm … very interesting, but it also looks like a much bigger (and therefore more problematic) undertaking.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 20th, 2008, 17:48
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Sounds very much like Gothic 1 -> Gothic 2, where you coul revisit the old world, but it looks a bit different. I will most certainly get Two Worlds: Temptation.
Yeah I liked that thing in gothic2.

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Temptation More Sequel than Add-On