|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Ant reason to buy the game?

Default Ant reason to buy the game?

June 14th, 2009, 02:47
NWN + HoTU is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy NWN2 + MotB since it sounds pretty similar ?

rpgdude

Watcher

June 14th, 2009, 03:06
Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - HELL YES, it's not similar at all. At least MOTB isn't. NWN 2 has the generic quest to kill the Foozle, but it's still fun. You'll have to just play MOTB to know just how different it is. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises in store for you.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

June 14th, 2009, 14:06
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Short answer - Yes.

Longer answer - HELL YES, it's not similar at all. At least MOTB isn't. NWN 2 has the generic quest to kill the Foozle, but it's still fun. You'll have to just play MOTB to know just how different it is. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises in store for you.
And depending on your tastes you may like Storm of Zehir even better. In my case, I like SoZ more than MotB.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

June 14th, 2009, 18:20
I love both NWN and NWN2 - with MotB, SoZ and the recent MoW adventure, there is loads of great gameplay there.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 15th, 2009, 14:09
Well. I'm convinced but I'll wait for the release of the diamond/platinum ed. After G3, my next game will be either bloodlines or witcher enhanced ed. which has no DRM.

rpgdude

Watcher

June 15th, 2009, 15:00
Originally Posted by rpgdude View Post
NWN + HoTU is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy NWN2 + MotB since it sounds pretty similar ?
The Foundation trilogy is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy the Dune trilogy since it sounds pretty similar?

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

June 15th, 2009, 15:13
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
The Foundation trilogy is very good. But is there any particular reason to buy the Dune trilogy since it sounds pretty similar?
My thoughts exactly … though you beat me to it … erm … them. Whatever

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

September 28th, 2009, 14:49
I've tried to get hold of the Enhanced Edition (main game plus 2 expansions), but to no avial. Does anyone know if there will be a new release of the game as suggested above?

PaladinPatrick

Traveler

September 28th, 2009, 15:10
Let me ask folks a question about MotB: Is the reason you enjoy this game because of the storyline? I just could never get into MotB because it seemed full of talky-talky and I like action. High level D&D is always boring to me too. I love AD&D from levels 1-15 or so. It's acceptable up to 20. After that, the game just becomes ridiculous. To me, prestige classes just ruined the game. Crafting magical stuff is another game killer. Magical items should take months and months of time to create, so having it in a game setting is silly. It would only make sense in a persistent world type of setting.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

September 28th, 2009, 15:17
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Let me ask folks a question about MotB: Is the reason you enjoy this game because of the storyline? I just could never get into MotB because it seemed full of talky-talky and I like action. High level D&D is always boring to me too. I love AD&D from levels 1-15 or so. It's acceptable up to 20. After that, the game just becomes ridiculous. To me, prestige classes just ruined the game. Crafting magical stuff is another game killer. Magical items should take months and months of time to create, so having it in a game setting is silly. It would only make sense in a persistent world type of setting.
Then get Storm of Zehir. More traditional style of D&D (you create your whole party from scratch, not much 'talky-talky', you should finish it by the time your party is 18-19 I think). I couldn't finish it though, the last battle was just too much for my level 16 group and I didn't feel like 'grinding' up

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

September 28th, 2009, 15:46
Indeed, the writing in MotB is the primary reason why I enjoy it so much. It has exceptionally strong writing, surpassed only by a few games (PS:T being one such game).

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 29th, 2009, 19:12
Don't forget that in MoTB you have some very colorful companions…

Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.

leth

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Ant reason to buy the game?