|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Neverwinter Nights 2 (no spoiler thread)

Default Neverwinter Nights 2 (no spoiler thread)

November 4th, 2006, 03:29
I know this is not the proper place to say this, and that many of you may not have played the excellent HeXCoda module for the first NWN, but … the second part has just been cancelled.

I cannot express with what sadness I read this. The HeX Coda was an excellent piece of fiction, had memorable characters and despite using NWN as an engine, it offered great combat.

Anyone interested can read the script and story for it over at Stefan Gagne's live-journal http://twoflower.livejournal.com/

Arma

Sentinel

November 4th, 2006, 04:26
Are they planning it for NWN2?

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 4th, 2006, 05:37
Nope. But you can still read the story over at the above journal.

Arma

Sentinel

November 4th, 2006, 07:35
Is it just me or is this game annoyingly hard? I have it set on easy and I get wiped out on a regular basis. Sure, I don't make full use of my companions since I don't like to waste time micro managing. I really, honestly, think they added way too much combat for a combat system that just really isnt very entertaining. Sure, back when NWN1 came out it was fun to watch but I think this is sort of ridiculous. I mean, does every room in some random house in the merchant's quarter really need enough githyanki to occupy the city of Neverwinter? I wish I had the time and the patience to play this game on normal difficulty but as it is I just want to experience the story, which I find compelling enough to torture myself with the combat for, not memorize the save/load screen.

/rant

Korplem

Shipwreck

November 4th, 2006, 23:31
I think the game is really hard when the game thinks for you. The AI is stupid and in my opinion worhless. Its alot easier to micromanage.

Try it. Its not that much to do and they are not drinking potions are wasting spells on "wrong" things.

I really don't see why they choose to have the AI on as default. It should be an option to turn it on instead off off, since it let you have the feeling its an action rpg your playing.

And the experience isn't ruined (i think) to micromange. The feeling of playing a true classic is there. Instead.

mute

Sentinel

November 5th, 2006, 00:43
I also immediately change the behaviour of every party member so that I control everything. And I'd recommend upping the difficulty to Hardcore, not having friendly fire on when you're tossing area of effect potions and spells at your enemies is just silly.

Cormac

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Neverwinter Nights 2 (no spoiler thread)