NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate Trailer @ IGN

magerette

Hedgewitch
IGN has a short article up for Ossian Studio's NWN2 adventure pack, Mysteries of Westgate, featuring a streaming video which shows off some of the plot and graphics. You can view it here.
Here's an excerpt from the article itself:
Coming in at just under two minutes, the new intro video sets up the story nicely, showing a bit of both the illustrated into and some in-game action. When a treasure found in a dungeon turns out to be more trouble than it first appears, it draws players towards the rather unpleasant city of Westgate and its thieves guild, the Night Masks. Since they're the only ones who can uncover the secret of the treasure and find a way to break its hold on the player, you'll be forced to join sides in the guild war that's spilling out into the streets of Westgate.
The video shows off some of the reasons that Westgate has the unsavory reputation that it does, from things happening at the docks to other, more dangerous things lurking in the nearby waters.
More information.

Stupid question: What's a sage? A person? An old legend?

I think this AP is very promising. The quality seems to be even better than for the NWN1 premium modules, I would say. So let's hope they find an alternative payment service for germany. With a credit card only system they won't make friends in germany.

Stupid question: What's a sage? A person? An old legend?
Maybe a person from an old legend? :)
Sage can be either a noun or an adjective--so to be sage, or give sage advice means to be wise, or give shrewd advice. A sage is a wise person--it really implies someone very well versed in something.

I also thought the quality of this trailer was surprisingly good--and pretty reasonable at ten bucks. Does Germany not have Pay Pal or some comparable service for those who want to limit their online credit card use?

Last edited:
Thx for the explanation. :)

Paypal would be possible if it would be offered. The Problem of the NWN1 premium modules was, that it could only be purchased via credit card (And then not even American Express, the only credit card my parents have *narf*).

We have another electronic cash system in germany. It was formerly based on euro cheques, but now you can use it just like credit cards. The difference is, it is linked directly to the bank account and so everyone automatically has that electronic cash card. The money gets transferred within the next days after the payment, you can't really overdraw your financial scope and knowing the card number is not sufficient for a payment order (i.e. doesn't work for internet shopping). It's quite safe as long as you don't loose your card and you can use it everywhere here in germany. As a result, credit cards are not that common as in other territories, especially for younger customers. I don't think that many students already have a credit card. And there are quite some concerns about using credit cards on the internet. It's still very risky and for example for me it was very difficult to set my credit line to "only" 2.000 €. I'm also a student, I can't afford to loose so much money only because credit cards are simply not safe.

Sounds similar to what we call a debit card here; they usually work just like a credit card though(only your credit line is your bank balance ) and even say Visa on them.

Still, I don't think being a little leary of going the plastic route is a bad thing. Too much easy credit can get you in big debt before you know it, even without the internet predators. :)

Hopefully they'll adopt some other payment methods this time around.

I really like the look of the game and can't wait to play.

I agree that you have to be very careful about credit cards - they are a valuable tool, but can really mess you up if not carefully controlled.

Back
Top Bottom