Blizzard - Job Opening Hints at Diablo III?

magerette

Hedgewitch
Strategy Informer stirs up the rumor mill with this completely unsubstantiated inference that the long anticipated sequel to Diablo II:Lord of Destruction may be finally gearing up based, as usual, on not much; in this case, a job opening posted on the Blizzard website.
Here's their take:
Rumour-mill: Blizzard looking to bring Diablo III from depths of hell?
Sure Diablo III is one of the most mythical rumours going for the games industry, but recent job list postings on the Blizzard website may add credence to the wild ravings of fans.
The ad listing says they're looking for new level designers that would work with "the team behind Diablo I and II."

"The team behind Diablo I and II is looking for a skilled lead 3D level designer with experience building levels using Maya or other similar 3D level building tools. The ideal candidate has experience creating levels in a senior or lead role on a shipped game," reads the Blizzard ad...
Continuing it says, "We would also like for this candidate to have excellent analytical understanding of competitive online play with various Blizzard Entertainment games and mods (real-time strategy, World of Warcraft, Defense of the Ancients, etc.). The lead level designer needs to be able to create fun and interesting environments that look and play great while managing and mentoring a team of additional level designers. Skills in scripting or general 3D modeling/texturing are preferred."

Could the action-RPG master finally get a revival and soothe our desires to carry a crap-load of junk and beat senseless monsters with hilariously generated names?
While the idea that this indicates anything about a Diablo sequel is moot, it certainly looks like it could be a neat job for someone out there.
More information.

Since Hellgate didn't deliver I hope D3 is in the works.

I'm the Human Torch. Flame on!

Since Hellgate didn't deliver I hope D3 is in the works.

I'm the Human Torch. Flame on!

Why would we flame? Does anyone *really* dispute that Hellgate didn't deliver? I mean really now. So my thought is that I hope that Blizzard was watching Hellgate carefully and seeing how *not* to do things ...

Not sure why everyone makes such a big deal about Hellgate, it wasn't that bad. I liked it way more than Diablo 2.

mmm I liked D1, I couldn't get me to finish D2, I tried real hard, but couldn't bare it past act 3.
Hope D3 will be more fun again. Could also be a new title?

Back
Top Bottom