|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Take 2 Interactive - Bioshock/Civ MMOs?

Default Take 2 Interactive - Bioshock/Civ MMOs?

March 26th, 2008, 22:24
Shacknews reports that Strauss Zelnick mentioned Bioshock & Civilisation MMOs as "potential untapped opportunities".
Following the release and strong sales performance of 2K Boston and 2K Australia's story-driven underwater shooter BioShock (PC, X360) last summer, Zelnick noted Take-Two's intent to transform BioShock into an ongoing franchise.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

March 26th, 2008, 22:24
Let's just hope they stay untapped…

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

March 26th, 2008, 23:05
I can't really see how Civ could be an MMO and I'm unsure how Rapture would feel full of heroes - they could do a prequel setting I guess. Although a massive Rapture could be interesting to explore.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

March 26th, 2008, 23:33
I think that people nowadays are going crazy and want to turn every game into a MMO that sold a few copies. Bioshock was a nice action game and quite successful, but I seriously doubt that this alone qualifies Rapture as a setting for a MMO. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but somehow the idea seems utterly strange to me.

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

March 27th, 2008, 00:21
Too many people like Bioshock, so they will produce games until everyone hates the whole franchise!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 27th, 2008, 18:04
I said four years ago when the MMORPG fad was starting to get out of control that I was going to laugh my ass off when most of them failed miserably and that is exactly what has happened except for a tiny handful of huge successes. A civilization MMO? Bioshock MMO? Jesus Christ you've got to be kidding me. Go ahead and try it. That will be entertaining to watch.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

March 27th, 2008, 19:02
There allready is atleast an unofficial system shock mmog. Has been for quite many years. It plays similary (atleast the demo I tried) to ss2 excluding all story elements naturally.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

March 27th, 2008, 21:12
Originally Posted by doctor_kaz View Post
I said four years ago when the MMORPG fad was starting to get out of control that I was going to laugh my ass off when most of them failed miserably and that is exactly what has happened except for a tiny handful of huge successes. A civilization MMO? Bioshock MMO? Jesus Christ you've got to be kidding me. Go ahead and try it. That will be entertaining to watch.
I completely agree.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 27th, 2008, 22:15
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Too many people like Bioshock, so they will produce games until everyone hates the whole franchise!
This is exactly what I'd expect from EA.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Take 2 Interactive - Bioshock/Civ MMOs?