|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile

Default Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile

April 3rd, 2008, 11:02
QA tester Michael Lattanzia answers some questions for the Bethblog's latest Inside the Vault:
What is the best part about working as a tester? The worst part?
The worst part of being a tester is how repetitive it can get. Most people rarely spend more than 100 hours or so on a game, but as a tester we have to spend literally thousands of hours on the same game before itís released. That quest that was really fun the first time through seems a lot less interesting when youíre playing it again for the 20th time.

The best part is everything else. I love getting to see the changes a game goes through over the course of the development. Itís also very entertaining seeing some of the crazy bugs that pop up along the way.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 3rd, 2008, 11:02
Are all those Besthesda Dev Profiles really newsworthy? I can see why NMA still posts these (and mocks Bethesda for not asking if the devs have played Fallout anymore…) but how is an interview with a game tester relevant? It shouldn't surprise anyone that game testing gets repetitive and that was even the most interesting part of that "interview"…

Originally Posted by magerette
I'm so tired of marketing hype, marketing slang, marketing priorities and general marketing BS that it tends to have the opposite effect on me. (Jaded is the word I'm looking for here.) I can't even read through a whole press release from any AAA title company without wanting to turn off my computer and learn to cross-stitch.

Amasius

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile