|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Precursors - Trailer @ VoodooExtreme

Default Precursors - Trailer @ VoodooExtreme

April 16th, 2008, 10:36
A trailer for Deep Shadows' Precursors is available at VoodooExtreme showing off space navigation and combat, ground combat (complete with an amusing shrink-ray) and lots of different vehicles traversing rather generic terrain. No sign of the RPG features, unfortunately.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2008, 10:36
RPG features or not, this game looks amazing regardless.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 16th, 2008, 11:46
I like the idea and I have a bit of good will towards them from Boiling Point but this looked really generic to me - especially all the different vehicles and the terrain. It could easily just be the way they cut together this trailer but it didn't do much for me at all.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2008, 12:13
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I like the idea and I have a bit of good will towards them from Boiling Point but this looked really generic to me - especially all the different vehicles and the terrain. It could easily just be the way they cut together this trailer but it didn't do much for me at all.

Really? I though Boiling Point was awful, it was ambitious but the execution failed miserably. I think Precursors looks really good from what I've seen so far, but I guess only time will tell.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 16th, 2008, 12:55
Yeah, it's a shame they don't show more of the rpg features. The new perk system has alot of potential for rpg-ness: missions linked to perks or completing them in different ways but when you have 200+ missions you just know there will be a fair few generic ones in there. Also, i bet there won't be any dialogue perk (aside from bartering) which i think is always a wasted opportunity.

Still, i think it's looking like a marked improvement on BP and if nothing else it's nice to have an alternative to clicking hoards of monsters.

Also, you never know the space bit might actually be good!

ShadowMoses

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Precursors - Trailer @ VoodooExtreme