|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Online - Preview @ CVG

Default Warhammer Online - Preview @ CVG

April 28th, 2008, 20:10
Preview by Ed Zitron on how WAR is making PvP accessible.
War never changes. Literally in MMOs, as regardless of how bitter a conflict is it all whittles down to a few games of Capture the Flag with the eventual putting aside of differences to save the world. However, in the gritty Warhammer World, everything is to play for - every zone, every territory -as from Rank 1 onwards, you're very much at war, the enemy is near you, and you've got the chance to fight for your realm.

While on paper it sounds like AOR will be a horrible gankfest, allow me to put your fears to rest - I am a die-hard PvP hater, and Warhammer Online has revved my siege engine.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

April 28th, 2008, 20:10
Interesting.
I haven't heard it described quite this way before. If they can succesfully meld together pvp, rvr, pve elements, this could be quite a game world.
I think this is the biggest problem facing WOW at the moment, and not having it designed into the game world from the beginning can make it unsurmountable at endgame time.
I'm not predicting doom or instant success here, just tossing out some observations.

Greymane

SasqWatch

April 28th, 2008, 21:07
If you want to create a pvp mmog you have to build the whole game around it. Creating a bread baking mmo and then later adding pvp as an afterhought will never work.

In AoC the pvp system is the last thing on their list so Im having doubts on their success. People are allready giving out complaints and they the devs have allready scapped parts of the design.
Last edited by zakhal; April 28th, 2008 at 21:13.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhammer Online - Preview @ CVG