|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Beta Concerns Q&A @ MMORPG

Default Age of Conan - Beta Concerns Q&A @ MMORPG

May 10th, 2008, 20:29
Q&A on the AoC Beta.
There are members who are complaining that (from their experiences in the Fileplanet Beta), they expect AoC to have a "rocky" launch and point to AO's launch as an example. Can you speak to this?
If you say that you surely weren’t there for the AO launch. I was, and it can’t even by a fraction compare.
We got a couple of surprises when we launched the Open Beta (which it was honestly great we found them at this point and not at launch). We also proved beyond any doubt that our server technology is rock stable once we deployed the first fix (we expected more issues, and did not get them, a very good sign). That most all (80-90%?) seem to think our core gameplay is really fun and engaging is a very nice outake, and that we have taken immersion, storytelling and audio in MMOs to a whole new level is another one, and so much more. We are on track to something special, and it’s FUN. The day we dig down because of bad news we have lost as a company. We are about learning from the things which don'tt go as well as we would have liked them to, and improving on that.
Do I think we will get a rocky launch? Any MMO launch is a major challenge, and there is always something, but I think we are looking good at the moment. We have been through the storm before, so we know what we are up against, and I think we have what it takes to make it right.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 10th, 2008, 20:29
I think from today on we can just take it as fact that this will be rocky launch. If a company is not even able to provide a possibility to download at a certain point in time, and it not even able to communicate why… well… this will be a Deja Vue for everyone who witenessed the start of AO.

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

May 10th, 2008, 20:38
Yet another half-cooked game. I dont think I need one. I have hundreds of games that are fully-cooked just waiting to be played. See again in one year.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

May 10th, 2008, 22:51
Olnigg has tested it as well, and says that some parts … are not much polished.
http://www.olnigg.de/jahr2008/olg148.htm

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 13th, 2008, 10:35
If only that preview had been in English..

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

May 13th, 2008, 11:50
It´s not really a preview. Olnigg is a satire site. Razor-sharp, but German is obviously required.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

May 13th, 2008, 11:55
Yes it is.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Beta Concerns Q&A @ MMORPG