|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Golden Rainbows up—colourless bigots down

Default Golden Rainbows up—colourless bigots down

May 15th, 2008, 19:36
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24649689

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

May 15th, 2008, 19:52
Its a great shame. Once again common sense and the will of the voters is thrown out by a handful of judges with an agenda.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

May 15th, 2008, 20:24
If the voters will it, they can ammend the constitution to ban gay marriage. In the meantime, this decision makes perfect sense.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

May 15th, 2008, 20:30
Go California! If they ever want to secede from the Union, I'm sure they're welcome to join the EU.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

May 15th, 2008, 20:33
Originally Posted by Lucky Day
common sense
There is no common sense. My sense is different from your sense is different from curiously undead's sense is different from everybody else's sense.

the will of the voters
Democracy is not and must never become a tyranny of the majority, an electoral absolutism. Freedom should find its limitations only where the freedom of others is threatened. If a majority of voters decide that red is the prettiest color, should this be made law? No, because their freedom of choice is not impinged upon by my preference of blue. Likewise, I fail to see how your freedom to marry the woman of your affection is impinged upon by the right of men to marry men and women to marry women. Surely you do not love your wife any less just because the couple that just moved in next door are named Leslie and Melissa instead of Zak and Annie?

My personal opinion is that the institution of matrimony would be devalued if two consenting, mature people who loved each other and wished to take the same vows of commitment that everyone else in society holds dear were refused that right.

with an agenda
Cui bono?

Atrachasis

Watcher

May 15th, 2008, 22:27
Freedom should find its limitations only where the freedom of others is threatened.
Excellent way of putting it and so true. Another step toward accepting that we're all human beings on this planet.

(Except for the aliens, of course…)

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.
Last edited by magerette; May 15th, 2008 at 23:09.

magerette

Hedgewitch

May 16th, 2008, 15:37
Atrachasis is well read on the western values.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

May 16th, 2008, 23:42
Originally Posted by Atrachasis View Post
My personal opinion is that the institution of matrimony would be devalued if two consenting, mature people who loved each other and wished to take the same vows of commitment that everyone else in society holds dear were refused that right.
Very well put, it should be a basic human right.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 17th, 2008, 06:11
from a different article this fact is interesting, if not unexpected and surely signals that a passage of a ban by vote is highly unlikely.

Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has twice vetoed legislation that would have granted marriage to same-sex couples, said in a statement he respected the court's decision and "will not support an amendment to the constitution that would overturn this state Supreme Court ruling."

from this article
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24671020

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Golden Rainbows up—colourless bigots down