|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Venetica - Unveiled by dtp

Default Venetica - Unveiled by dtp

May 28th, 2008, 02:58
dtp/Anaconda sent us the following PR for a new "role-play game with a cryptic storyline" titled Venetica:
Hamburg/Germany, May 27th, 2008 – Deck 13, one of Germany’s most successful game developers, has teamed up with dtp entertainment to present Venetica, a visually stunning role-play game with a cryptic storyline. Venetica mixes emotions and action in a unique free roaming and living sixteenth century world full of surprise.
In the era of Venetica, Death walks among the living as a flesh & blood being, carrying out the deeds of an ancient council known by a few as Corpus. Each generation of the Corpus is set with the task of selecting the next predecessor of the bringer of death. Unfortunately, the most recent council had unwittingly selected a crafty necromancer who is determined on bringing death and destruction to the world.
This conniving imposter has managed to transform into an undead fiend, which no mortal man can kill. This power-crazed necromancer is hell-bent on destroying the reinstated Death and the council of Corpus. Only one person stands in his way, Scarlett, the daughter of Death.
Up to now she has known nothing of her origins, her powers and the capabilities that she possesses – now she is challenged to learn how to develop and use her powers to save her father and curse the necromancer and his henchmen to the eternal hereafter.
dtp entertainment is going to release Venetica in 2009 for PC and the Xbox 360ฎ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Some readers may know developer Deck 13 for their well-received adventure title Ankh.
You can also check out four screens and a 150Mb trailer at Worthplaying.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 28th, 2008, 02:59
It looks nice. Very much like Ankh, unsurprisingly.

However, I don't hold Deck 13 in high esteem. I played Ankh 1 & 2, and both had severe bugs which is hard to forgive in adventure games, a genre that is usually very stable. In fact I couldn't even finish the second game because of that. Worse, neither games were patched, not even once. Considering RPGs are more complex, I seriously doubt this one will turn out fine. Still, who knows?

I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me there.

Dungeon Tales

Dantre

Watchdog

May 28th, 2008, 04:19
The style isn't my thing. I heard moderately good things about Ankh, so I'll take a look at some point.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 28th, 2008, 05:26
enjoyed the trailer myself, and may have to try an ankh demo in the meantime.

The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

he who tries to make a point
misses the point
every time
- Ariel Pink

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

May 28th, 2008, 08:57
I recently played Jack Keane by Deck13 which (also) looked alot like Ankh visually. It was quite stable, so maybe they've leaned from experience. Still, given their history it's hard for me to see them doing a "real" RPG. I'm guessing a light-weight RPG with a storyline based on humor and wierd characters

KasperFauerby

Sentinel

May 28th, 2008, 09:15
Ankh was real fun, some kind of adventure-RPG mix with twisted humor would be great.

szokol

Watchdog

May 28th, 2008, 09:35
Originally Posted by szokol View Post
Ankh was real fun, some kind of adventure-RPG mix with twisted humor would be great.
I second that. And as usual I highly anticipate every not generic fantasy rpg.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

May 28th, 2008, 12:13
The story heavily reminds me od the Discworld.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 28th, 2008, 12:23
Mort perhaps?

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 28th, 2008, 12:38
Here's a link to a German trailer:

http://www.xbox2-newz.de/v2/?show=ak…7fb18e0f3ecdc0

I'm posting this since the WP link to the trailer apparently doesn't work.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

May 29th, 2008, 00:51
It reminds me of Technomage, if anybody still remembers this game from Sunflowers. Looks nice and decent, so could be interesting. It seems to use Ogre engine just like Jack Keane, or at least it looks quite like Ankh and Jack Keane.

I'm not sure if we will see a full RPG, it has some action-adventure attitude. But it seems to be a little bit different than mainstream. I'll keep an eye on it.

English Trailer @ EuroGamer.de

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

SasqWatch

May 29th, 2008, 06:01
I hope it is simular to the Quest for Glory games since I have been looking for more adventure/rpg games for a long time and only found a demo for one that I don't think ever got released.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

May 29th, 2008, 21:03
I do have Technomage, however it refuses to run on my new system.

If anyone has tips for me please inform me !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 29th, 2008, 23:39
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
I hope it is simular to the Quest for Glory games since I have been looking for more adventure/rpg games for a long time and only found a demo for one that I don't think ever got released.
Did you play all those adventures with RPG elements by Legend Entertainment back in the day?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Venetica - Unveiled by dtp