|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Installation Woes - If All Else Fails…

Default Mass Effect - Installation Woes - If All Else Fails…

June 2nd, 2008, 10:11
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I'm sorry Thaurin, the UAC error is just plain sloppy. Whether BioWare or Demiurge or EA is the real culprit is splitting hairs, since one is a subsidiary and the other a contractor to the others.

A huge deal? No. But really, really sloppy.
I'm not really in the know about this problem, but doesn't the UAC in Vista usually cause problems when installing software and needs disabling/run as administrator? If the installer crashes and doesn't fail gracefully, that's sloppy, but I don't know the specifics. But surely this has another reason than "zomg they obviously didn't test this before shipping!!!1"

Thaurin

SasqWatch

June 2nd, 2008, 12:43
Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
But suit yourself, go ahead and buy an ATi VGA. Granted, you won't be able to play half of the games out there, due to texture corruptions and whatnot.
That's a pretty damning statement.. care to back that up with some references?

kalniel

SasqWatch

Default Cant install mass effect 2

January 28th, 2010, 03:31
Ive bought the pc dvd and its installation runs as planned, however when it comes to asking for disk change it wont recognise that i have put in disc 2 no matter how many times i try.

I have seen other people saying you can extract the rars onto the computer however when i tried this every file of every rar just fails and makes an error report a mile long.

Is there anyway to actually install this game ive payed for, or am i better off returning it to the store and getting direct 2 drive.

EA has failed me once again.

lordviper146

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Installation Woes - If All Else Fails…