|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » The Fall - Last Days of Gaia - Any Insight?

Default The Fall - Last Days of Gaia - Any Insight?

June 13th, 2008, 15:57
Hello all…

I just saw a picture in the "Picture Watch" corner of the front news page of "The Fall". This was a game I was really looking forward to about 2 years ago, before it bacame obvious that it was not going to be released in North America.

Has anyone played this game? Is it worth getting (I think there is a fan-made english translation - correct me if I'm wrong)?

I would love to hear peoples' thoughts on this game.

Thanks,
narpet

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel

June 13th, 2008, 16:35
Baldur's Gate 1 post Apoc - nothing more and nothing less but probably much shorter. I bought it on release and had many problems with copy-protection (Starforce) and graphics.
Since the game wasn't really good anyway I didn't bother much.

German Print-Mags hyped this game massivly on release and then again when the Deluxe-Edition was released (wich AFAIK is a free Download at least for registered users). Of course, I need a massive content-patch for a already perfect game…

Its one of these games with good Ideas but lacking substance. Modders could probably save it, but AFAIK there isn't any community for this game at all.

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

June 13th, 2008, 17:11
More or less all the mentioned problems were fixed in the budget re-release, Ive read. No CP, a GB new graphics, new voice overs, etc.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

Dark Savant

Sentinel

June 14th, 2008, 20:38
I cant believe they still havent released english version. From the official boards:

It is definitely going to be released for the English market, all we can do now is wait for official news.
That was like (?) three years ago.

EDIT:
There is no "english" version of the game. This is when they were still considering releasing in english and had updated the engine for same. The updated engine is likely in the Reloaded version of the game, available in Germany and other Eastern European countries.
Ok thats it then - Ill pick up the germanic version.
Last edited by zakhal; June 14th, 2008 at 20:44.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

June 15th, 2008, 21:54
I bought the reloaded version for 15€ - not bad. Even with the fan patch there are still german speech but I guess it cant be any worse than watching subtitled movies - one gets used to it.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » The Fall - Last Days of Gaia - Any Insight?