|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky Update

Default Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky Update

June 22nd, 2008, 07:39
An update from Chris Priestly on the Mass Effect forums earlier in the week:
Hi Folks,

For those of you waiting for the “Bring Down the Sky,” free downloadable content, we’ve run in to some unexpected bugs which we are just about done fixing. We apologize for the delay and promise that we will get it to you as soon as possible.

When the downloadable content is available, you will be notified via the Mass Effect game launcher or you can check http://masseffect.bioware.com for updates.

Thanks for you patience.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 22nd, 2008, 07:39
Hurry up already!

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 22nd, 2008, 10:19
Take it slow and steady young man, no need to rush….

Remus

Antihero

June 22nd, 2008, 11:44
Beat the game already. I'm only prepared to give it a B-

Barghest

SasqWatch

June 22nd, 2008, 13:41
Another shitty little side quest, Just what Mass Effect needs.

Rizzla

Watcher

June 22nd, 2008, 19:30
No need to get all wound up and crap yourself regarding the DLC, as mentioned bove, it's just
another shitty little side quest
Instead, they had better be working on ME2 already and get rid of all the dumbing down, lol.

Working too much could interfere with your drinking.

r3dshift

Sentinel

June 23rd, 2008, 00:27
Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
Instead, they had better be working on ME2 already and get rid of all the dumbing down, lol.
We've been working on ME2 since January, but if you didn't like the basic gameplay of ME1, you probably won't like ME2. Our first try sold over 1.6 million copies - an unprecedented amount for a brand-new original IP. We're going to refine and polish that formula, not throw it out.

Stormwaltz

Watcher

June 23rd, 2008, 05:39
Originally Posted by Stormwaltz View Post
We've been working on ME2 since January, but if you didn't like the basic gameplay of ME1, you probably won't like ME2. Our first try sold over 1.6 million copies - an unprecedented amount for a brand-new original IP. We're going to refine and polish that formula, not throw it out.
You mind throwing out all the stability problems first?

Sergius64

Watchdog

June 23rd, 2008, 06:17
Originally Posted by Sergius64 View Post
You mind throwing out all the stability problems first?
My game never crashed

Oh and Stormwaltz, if you're who you say you are, and I'm sure you guys are working on this, but, make side quest mission areas more interesting in ME2.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

June 23rd, 2008, 07:16
My version of Mass Effect hasn't crashed once, and I'm playing on a fairly unstable version of Vista Ultimate 32. The only downside in Mass Effect, as far as I'm concerned, is the story needing some more twists and turns. I know that some people whined about Jade Empire and KotOR both using twists halfway through, and that the "BioWare recipe" was getting a little predictable, but I personally love that kind of story. The KotOR twist, especially, is incredible - it litteraly made my jaw drop (I'm not kidding; I was going "WOW!" like some 15 year old who just saw his first pair of breasts).

Other than that - bring it on! The universe BioWare created for Mass Effect has tons of potential. I hope they pull a BG2 and simply make it bigger and better than the original, instead of some "revolusionary innovation" that ends ruining the series (how many times have we seen that happen? Might & Magic 9 still doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned).

Oh, and regarding the added content - I'll probably try it out, as I intend to do another play through the game soon anyway. It's obviously not going to change a whole lot, but there's no reason to turn down free content.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 23rd, 2008, 09:12
Originally Posted by Stormwaltz View Post
We're going to refine and polish that formula, not throw it out.
Go on then spill the beans. What's the revolutionary new mini-game going to be? Pacman? Defender?

Rizzla

Watcher

June 23rd, 2008, 10:00
Oh, give the guy a break already. For all that it's worth, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the Mass Effect games. I'm sure they'll try to address those points that were seen as weak by most players (that is, the side-quests, possibly the mini-game thing). The resulting game should be even better.

And if you didn't like where they took Mass Effect, too bad. Go play your cRPG's again.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

June 23rd, 2008, 21:58
Originally Posted by Melvil View Post
My game never crashed
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
My version of Mass Effect hasn't crashed once, and I'm playing on a fairly unstable version of Vista Ultimate 32.
Yeah, well lots of people's Mass Effect copies freeze up or crash, or don't even start up. You can see us all crying on Mass Effect Tech support forums. I actually struggled through the whole game with it freezing every 40 minutes or so.

Sergius64

Watchdog

June 24th, 2008, 08:07
*playing devil's advocate*

So quit crying and buy a 360, it costs about the same as a good pc video card.

Korplem

Shipwreck

June 24th, 2008, 08:47
*playing devil's advocate's second*

And this is probably also a MAJOR factor in the move towards consoles by many developers.

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

June 26th, 2008, 17:54
It is unfortunate that this is taking so long - one of the touted things was that we wouldn't have to wait so long as XBOX360's did.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

June 26th, 2008, 20:21
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
It is unfortunate that this is taking so long - one of the touted things was that we wouldn't have to wait so long as XBOX360's did.
I agree that it is very unfortunate that we do have this long for the dlc, bring down the sky. However, as Chris P. said they have run in to the some nasty bugs when re-working it from the 360 to the PC. Maybe it's even because of Securom? Maybe Securom won't allow the DLC for PC to run? because Securom thinks it is a -ehm emulation program ? or something like that ?

My other guess is that Bioware is actually making a gigantic patch dealing with all the problems that people are having when playing the game. This means that the DLC will have the patch bundled or that you can download just the patch if you want only the patch.

But that are just guesses on my part…

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

June 27th, 2008, 07:17
Looks like June's version of DirectX fixed my stability problem.

Sergius64

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Bring Down the Sky Update