|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend - Hand of God - Interview @ Destructoid

Default Legend - Hand of God - Interview @ Destructoid

July 10th, 2008, 01:34
Jan Beuck from Master Creating has popped up at Destructoid with a Q&A for the pending release of Hand of God in NA. Since we haven't heard much since the German release ages ago, here's the intro question:
Legend: Hand of God is an action role-playing game, but does the focus tend to be more on the action (slicing through hordes of ferocious monsters) or the role-playing (story, character development, NPC relationships) aspect?

Jan Beuck
Legend has a stronger RPG bent than comparable titles. While you will spend most of your time fighting monsters, the world, the story, and the character development play a bigger role than in typical action-RPGs. For example, you can travel through the entire world without level breaks; there are multiple-choice dialogues, lots of sub-quests and so on. Additionally, we implemented many innovative features; for example our unique mouse cursor which takes the form of a small light elf – a character in the game world. Not only does it constitute a sort of sidekick to our hero, but it’s also the player’s light source, illuminating the dungeons and casting dynamic light and shadows.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 01:34
Link is bad, is pointing to witcher duel mail.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by Turok; February 16th, 2011 at 03:27.

Turok

Watchdog

July 10th, 2008, 01:58
Here's the correct link:
Legend:Hand of God Interview

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

July 10th, 2008, 01:58
Thanks.

Linkage.

Edit: Beaten by everyone today…

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 02:00
Sorry Dhruin—didn't see your green light was on.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

July 10th, 2008, 05:55
I know this one's been out for a while in Germany, but haven't heard any praise or critisicm on this site. Is this game worth getting or what?

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

July 10th, 2008, 06:45
Not many people played it.
The reviews were rather positive, 70-80% just about everywhere, with a few extremes to both sides. Beautiful, smooth gameplay, no significant bugs. But unfortunately SP only and quite short, although with replay-value. A welcome refinement to the Diablo formula, but without revolutionary novelties. One could argue it´s the first SP Diablo clone in years to actually have some innovation though. Compare the dev diaries. Well, the print mags were not in a mood to appreciate this.

I have no first hand experience. At that time my PC was too slow, so I didn´t request a review copy.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 13:52
I played the demo and would suggest everyone interested in real action games
trying it.

It looks far better than most RPGs I've played in the last years (I didn't play Elder Scrolls, though).

It looks much more realistic like e.g. Dungeon Siege, and even the (recently played) demo of Dungeon Siege 2.

The mouse cursor in shape of a talking fairy is unique.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 10th, 2008, 15:15
It's only in German atm? Subtitles?

NVM THQ are releasing 1st of August.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 15:33
Only in German, as far as I know and I don't have any subtitles in my memory. (Beware: Hidden pun ! )

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend - Hand of God - Interview @ Destructoid