|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sacred - Now on Steam!

Default Sacred - Now on Steam!

July 10th, 2008, 14:44
Another game related to the RPG genre has been released on Valve's Steam platform. This time it is the action RPG Sacred Gold (Containing Sacred, Sacred Plus and Sacred Underworld) which can be bought for $9.99.
More information.

Asbjoern

N'wah

July 10th, 2008, 14:44
How good is that game? I've just read the GameSpot review and I'm not too thrilled. But the price tag is very good.

Angelspit

Traveler

July 10th, 2008, 18:32
If you liked D2, this should be up your alley. It's basically D2 with better graphics, some added features, and a weaker plot (though, this is, of course, subjective). I would say that for 10 bucks, it's well worth the price.

Santos

Ass-hat

July 10th, 2008, 20:45
I'd agree. for 10 Gold coiuns you can do very few things wrong.

I liked it quite, although I always thought it was "pearls thrown before the pigs", so to say.

The environment is imho FAR to detailed for a mere action RPG
and breathes still too much of the full-fledged non-action RPG it was once at a point planned to become (as the Dark Eye RPG title "Armalion").

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

Default Good, but too much running

July 11th, 2008, 00:26
Sacred is a pretty good game, but the maps require far too much legging it to get from place to place. There are "waypoints", but you can't use a "town portal" so getting from place to place required vast amounts of running through and around obstacles. The maps were attractive, but they should have considered how tedious it got looping around vast expanses of forest or mountains.

The game play has unique challenges as you need to construct saved sets of skills to be a more effective player. I enjoyed it, but it was buggy at times and a lot of the quests were repetitive and seemed like you were just doing a different flavor of the same thing.

It's still worth buying and playing for twice the current price though. It's the sort of thing that you can divert yourself with for awhile easily.

Orchid

July 11th, 2008, 02:06
Good news. $10 is exactly the amount I want to pay for any game released more than 2 years ago. Hopefully more devs will wise up to this approach, so my Hamiltons will go to those worthies, instead of eBay sellers.

Yeesh

Hopeless Curmudgeon

July 11th, 2008, 09:06
Sacred is infinitely inferior in terms of gameplay and story to Diablo 2, but it was one of the better clones

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sacred - Now on Steam!