|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Subtitled "Origins", Trailer Friday?

Default Dragon Age - Subtitled "Origins", Trailer Friday?

July 10th, 2008, 02:30
I'm getting tired of refreshing the Dragon Age page, so I'm going to run with this snippet and then go to work. If anything signficant happens, we'll update or remove this post.
On the Qt3 forums, Sluggo (GameSpy PC editor) posted a short press release (snippet?) they received:
Dragon Age™: Origins, the highly anticipated dark fantasy epic from leading video game developer BioWare is set to be shown during E3 2008! Beginning with a world exclusive trailer on GameTrailers TV, airing this Friday night at 1:00 AM on Spike TV and Spike HD, fans will get their first look at Dragon Age™: Origins before it is shown to media during E3 2008, July 15-17. The trailer will be available in high definition after it airs on TV at www.gametrailers.com.
So, presumably the teaser page will announce the new title and we'll see a trailer very late Friday and more from E3. Or something like that.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 02:30
lol. reminds me of the NWN2 prerelease toolset fiasco.

edit: its up now.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Last edited by Lucky Day; July 10th, 2008 at 06:10.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

July 10th, 2008, 06:18
Lol. We wait hours upon hours for the announcement that there will be a trailer released tomorrow. And here's confirmation that DA will be at E3 2008.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 10th, 2008, 06:24
Lame, lame, lame.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 07:29
Major fail

Lobotomist

July 10th, 2008, 12:03
Soon
Very soon
Not yet, but soon
After the launch of ME
in the netx time
soon, really

Trailer: I personally expect a slide show of the known screenshots and artworks. Then, as a special highlight, we get an announcement for more info to come in the next few months.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

July 10th, 2008, 12:41
This reminds me of a certain contest at the official Enya forum.

Since then, the term "shortly" has a very special and highly ironic meaning among Enya fans.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; July 10th, 2008 at 20:46.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 10th, 2008, 12:43
Since they didnt actually reveal anything abt dragon age I hope they spent that time working on the mass effect dlc for pc. They said very soon before release month(s) ago. Ive been refreshing the page for weeks now.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 10th, 2008, 12:50
The opening cinematic. A 20-minute gameplay video, with informative commentary. A website chock full of well-presented lore and artwork.

Come on, Bioware! The gauntlet has been thrown down, and the standard has been raised…

Say what you want about the actual role-playing in Blizzard games… that was a hell of an unveiling they just had.

Dyspaire

Watcher

July 10th, 2008, 14:29
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Since they didnt actually reveal anything abt dragon age I hope they spent that time working on the mass effect dlc for pc. They said very soon before release month(s) ago. Ive been refreshing the page for weeks now.
Derek French commented on QT3 that Bioware was releasing information this week on Mass Effect, Dragon Age and NWN, so I think the Mass Effect DLC is really close.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly.

When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.

When I have had a bad day, I only have to think of chicken cat and I can put my problems in perspective

Kayla

Watchdog

July 10th, 2008, 16:18
Wow, that reveal was a big heap of rubbish. They get the work experience kids to knock that one out? On the back of Blizzard's BIG reveal, Bioware are made to look like chumps.

Dyne

Watchdog

July 10th, 2008, 17:08
After all these years, this is all they have to talk about? No website launch, no details, just a promo for Spike TV? I usually get fed up with the Bioware hype and PR going overboard in the opposite direction, though, so I guess I can't bitch at them showing a little restraint.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 17:43
And meh! @ Spike TV.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2008, 18:37
Am I going against the flow of the thread again to say that actually I was pleased?

This was the reveal as seen through the eyes of kalniel:

Expectations: Looks like the dragon age logo and the splash underneath will just say 'coming soon' 'for the PC' 'coming 2009' or something similar.

As I saw it:
1) Oooh nice weathered, grimy and intricate logo.. they aren't going for the cartoony feel here.
2) Dragon Age: Origins… cool - sounds much better.. it's obviously the beginning of something and as I have a bit of a lore fetish this might suit me.. also suggests more to come in the future - establishment of Dragon Age as a franchise akin to NWN.
3) ooo that's like a map in the background, and there's hills and forests and stuff. I like outdoorsy games.
4) trailer coming soon.. that's cool - it's not just a product announcement
5) World builders… wow. Didn't expect a world building aspect.. neat that they have some 'epic' news for us at some point, also nice that they've set up a mailing list just for this.

So that was quite a few things I got out of the website that I didn't know before, hence to me it served its purpose.

Certainly I'm glad they didn't wait until they had a completely polished game done before even confirming the project.

kalniel

SasqWatch

July 10th, 2008, 18:37
Originally Posted by woges View Post
And meh! @ Spike TV.
GameTrailers TV is pretty good, since it's hosted by Geoff Keighley. Best (if not the only) true journalist in the business IMHO. Plus this means it will be in HD.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

July 10th, 2008, 20:46
Edit : I meant "Shortly" in my post. Corrected it.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 12th, 2008, 06:47
The trailer should be released in 2 hours, 43 minutes and 45 seconds from this posting, and counting.

EDIT: I don't know how, but it apparently started. Check it out here: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36034.html

It looks pretty good, but way too short. Out of 50 or so seconds, the first 15 are just the Bioware logo. Also felt a lot like lotr.
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; July 12th, 2008 at 07:51.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 12th, 2008, 07:43
Well, it looks cool… Just don't blink or you might miss it!

Korplem

Shipwreck

July 12th, 2008, 07:46
i watched it… definitely underwhelming!

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel

July 12th, 2008, 08:22
Just awesome. Looks like aurora engine but really updated, i hope it support multitreading.
________
Suzuki x-90 specifications
Last edited by Turok; February 16th, 2011 at 02:27.

Turok

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Subtitled "Origins", Trailer Friday?