|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » Stuck in Chapter 5 (spoilers)

Default Stuck in Chapter 5 (spoilers)

July 28th, 2008, 22:09
I'm stuck on The Final Element phase of the Armor quest. I've got all the other bits, and Kalkstein tells me I need to go to the Old Mine and cast a combination of Signs on the rock in there. He says Aard, Igni, then Aard again. Every time I do that combination of signs on the Wayfarer's Stone in the Mine it says "That's not working. I should try a different combination." I've tried that combination, and many others, all with the same (or no) result.

Either I've hit a bug and won't be able to get the armor, or I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: As usual, 2 minutes after asking for help I find it myself. I was in the wrong cave.
Last edited by Majnun; July 28th, 2008 at 22:26.

Majnun

SasqWatch

July 29th, 2008, 15:52
If I remember right you have to reverse them when you try to leave.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

July 30th, 2008, 15:41
Btw speaing of kalkstein… Is he a gnome? Atleast geralt says at some point that kalkstein had gnomish orgins/blood or something?

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

July 31st, 2008, 20:18
Kalkstein doesn't appear in any of the books so all the background info comes from the game alone but he doesn't have gnomic features as described by Sapkowski. So your guess is as good as mine….. Halfcast possibly?

zahratustra

SasqWatch

August 4th, 2008, 13:50
I know the references you speak of Dez. I guess it's subjective but I was of the impression that the references Geralt made were simply sarcastic humor based on the scheming and behavior of Kalkstein, and not to be taken literally.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » Stuck in Chapter 5 (spoilers)