Fallout 3 - October 28!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has announced the official release date for Fallout 3 - October 28th for NA and October 31st for Europe:
Fallout 3 Available October 28
Major Launch Planned for the Winner of E3 2008’s “Best of Show”
August 20, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that its highly anticipated title, Fallout® 3, will be available on store shelves and online in North America on October 28, 2008 and in Europe on October 31, 2008. Developed at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® – Fallout 3 is slated for release on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.
“We are very excited to let gamers get their hands on Fallout 3, the latest chapter in this beloved and highly acclaimed franchise,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “To meet the huge demand for this title by our fans worldwide, we are planning one of the biggest launches of any game released this year.”
Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C. however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
Hailed as one of the most anticipated games for 2008, Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards including Best of Show from the official Game Critics Awards at E3 2008, a selection voted on by an independent group of journalists from 36 leading North American media outlets that cover the videogame industry.
Fallout® 3 has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information on Fallout 3, visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com.
The official site is also promoting three new screens - I'll toss the link up, even though it doesn't seem to work at the moment, just in case it's a temporary server glitch.
More information.

I've decided that for this game, instead of being annoyed by all the hate on Bethesda's forums regarding this game after it's release, I'm going to try being entertained by it. *grabs popcorn and soda*

Yeah, i don't even go to the general game forums anymore. The only board i go to is the mod board.

I've decided that for this game, instead of being annoyed by all the hate on Bethesda's forums regarding this game after it's release, I'm going to try being entertained by it.

...Why not just not read it?

Also, fairly ballsy pick by Bethesda: one week after Fable II and BioShock PS3, one week before Gears of War II. Not scared by the competition, huh?

Last edited:
There's only one company who's a more guaranteed smash hit developer at this point than Bethesda - Blizzard. Either one of those companies can release a game simply "when it's ready", without considering what time of year that is, or what other games are getting released at the same time, and still sell loads and loads of copies.

Blizzard could re-release tetris and it would be the greatest game ever: "Wow! Revolutionary game mechanics! Mind-blowing graphics! On our 1-10 scale, this review will give Blizzards tetris 11!".

There's only one company who's a more guaranteed smash hit developer at this point than Bethesda - Blizzard. Either one of those companies can release a game simply "when it's ready", without considering what time of year that is, or what other games are getting released at the same time, and still sell loads and loads of copies.

Blizzard could re-release tetris and it would be the greatest game ever: "Wow! Revolutionary game mechanics! Mind-blowing graphics! On our 1-10 scale, this review will give Blizzards tetris 11!".

A g r e e .

:end:

I'll wait until I get some feedback from here and other forums, before I get this one. I am mildly hopeful for the title, though.

I will buy this game day one as I'm a Bethesda fanboi :) I also want to support MrSmileyFaceDude and dudette! I should get off my butt and get the collector's edition if it hasn't sold out yet.

I loved Morrowind (on balance; there were things I hated about it too, but I loved it a lot more than I hated it), but was severely let down by Oblivion. So I'm with GBG -- not a zero-day purchase for me. At this time, I'd put my odds of eventually playing this at somewhat over 50-50.

I've enjoyed all of Bethesda's TES games since Arena. Was even a tester for Daggerfall way back when we all had to communicate on Compuserve.

While I enjoy sci-fi movies I can never seem to get into sci-fi CRPGs. So I'm just gonna grab popcorn and soda and be entertained by all the skin-deep hateful analysis of the game on this one.

I am with GhanBuriGhan & Prime Junta - I love Fallout 1 & 2, Daggerfall, Redguard & Battlespire; Morrowind was okay; Oblivion was a waste of time.
So I will read a few reviews before I possibly buy Fallout 3.

Which is quite an achievement compared to where they've come from.

I've enjoyed all of Bethesda's TES games since Arena. Was even a tester for Daggerfall way back when we all had to communicate on Compuserve.
Ahh so it's all *your* fault!! (j/k - still rate DF as just about my favourite game ever, but it was buggy as heck).

Back
Top Bottom