Fallout 3 - Speed Run, Previews

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has a light hearted article about a recent Fallout 3 speed run contest held at their offices - apparently a tradition as a development gets near the end. You won't get any spoilers or specifics but you can read how Todd Howard didn't make the finals and QA tester Sam Berstein just squeaked home.
In other news, Gamestar.de has a German preview and Xbox Focus says Prepare to be Blown Away:
2. Slooooow-moooootion death animations.
One can look at this much-heralded facet of the game and label it as the title's "Wow" factor, which will invariably wear off after a week of gameplay. While they are probably right (and when I use the pronoun "they", I mean refer to the "Union of Global Crybabies"), it still doesn't take away from the fact that the one week of enjoying it will be more satisfying than one thousand present-day chainsaws animations and Spartan teabags combined together (*facepalm* for another Halo 3 reference again).

The slow-motion kill camera that Fallout 3 boasts is going to be an absolute treat for gamers, and for me to state it as anything else would be lying through my off-white teeth. Whether it be the hundreds of unique animations that play, the various amount of weapons at your disposal (why someone hasn't yet thought of "mini-nukes" in this industry is beyond me), and just to have something different than the standard chainsaw/pistol whip combination is a welcomed change of pace.
Liam Neeson is the next reason you'll be blown away, if that helps understand the quality of this article.
More information.

Hm. Getting blown by Liam Neeson does sound kinda gay.

/me ducks and runs

Slow motion replay wow! is for schoolboys.

I guess there will be more and more ego-blog articles effectively to lure us in.

I'll consider it when it becomes established and settled in (but it does look good) :D

Watch daeth in its full bloddy glory !!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom