|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Trailer @ Gamers Hell

Default Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Trailer @ Gamers Hell

October 2nd, 2008, 01:40
Originally Posted by Karmakaze View Post
Isn't this one supposed to have a different engine? I could see virtually no difference to Gothic 3 though it has been a while since I played it.
Nope. Maybe you're thinking of Gothic 4 / Arcania?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 2nd, 2008, 10:25
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Nope. Maybe you're thinking of Gothic 4 / Arcania?
That's probably it. I'm probably just confusing the two

"Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air."

Karmakaze

Watcher

October 2nd, 2008, 15:20
"The Gods have forsaken us!"

No, seriously, if I had a PC that's running G3 smoothly, I would probably looking forward to this expansion. You can't really tell much from this trailer. Only that the combat seems to be rather the same…

Bateman

Watchdog

October 2nd, 2008, 17:03
My gtx280 made the game enjoyable, with 2gig ddr3 and a 3 ghz C2Duo. Even then near Vengard the game would guru me with out of memory errors. Made the game playable, but the load times were still among the worst I've experienced. Having a good system helped me enjoy and see what a good game it actually was though.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

October 2nd, 2008, 20:31
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Thats a hair better than what I have. I guess I need to make further upgrades before playing this. Luckily Im still well stuck in Gothic2 addon. That expansion takes som real dedication to finish.
I really love G1 and G2, but looking back at the time spent with G3 I'm not sure it was worth it. Maybe the latest graphics card would solve stuttering, but really bad collision detection and loading times combined with IMO less interesting plot, quests and characters won't go away. With so many promising titles arriving towards year end you may want to leave G3 for a dry season.

Nikus

Watcher

October 3rd, 2008, 21:14
I recently got a new pc quad core, 4gb ram, dual video card setup. Installed g3 (which i purchased when it first came out but could not run it on my old pc) but I still cant play it without it crashing every 30 to 45 minutes and the load times are still aweful. I really wanted to play g3 since I enjoyed G1 and G2+NotR so much but the crashing is just to annoying.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

October 4th, 2008, 00:48
I found it quite stable with v1.6 - although the load times do suck. I haven't finished but have quite enjoyed it overall. It's flawed and players need some patience - and Gorath's right about filler - but worthwhile for patient players wanting an open workd experience. I found it much better than Two Worlds, for example.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Trailer @ Gamers Hell