|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 2 - Mod Article @ RPS

Default Fallout 2 - Mod Article @ RPS

October 8th, 2008, 12:09
Alec Meer brings some Fallout 2 Mods to light.
These’ll be of little interest to the more ardent Fallout 2 vet, who’s doubtless played all of these long ago, and is already preparing to spam-cry ‘OLD!’ below. If, however, if you’re coming to the game fairly fresh or are replaying it for the first time in ages due to excitement about Fallout 3 or because GoG.com’s made it so cheaply available, you might find much to delight and enrapture your young mind here.
It’s Moddb’s round-up of the best Fallout 2 total conversions, from the quest-expanding Restoration project to the tri-part Wasteland Merc series. Oh, for more free time.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

October 8th, 2008, 12:09
I was familiar with the KillApp restoration mod, but not the MIB88 Megamod, which sounds very promising. I think yet another playthrough is on the cards….

mogwins

Sentinel

October 8th, 2008, 13:04
MIB88 Megamod is an ancient, oft-updated project (though it's not currently being actively updated). When someone on NMA asks for recommended mods, we usually recommend the RP first - as giving Fallout 2 "as it was meant to be" - but if you want masses of added content, MIB's is the way to go.

Brother None

SasqWatch

October 8th, 2008, 16:56
Thanks for info BN. My last play-through was with the RP - an excellent piece of work. I wouldn't mind adding a shed load of new stuff to FO2, as the sheer number of play-throughs mean it is becoming a little too familiar, so I'll give MIB's effort a go.

mogwins

Sentinel

October 8th, 2008, 19:54
Just remember MIB is an overarching mod integration project, not a single focused total conversion. It can feel a little uneven at times, and you might bump into stuff you already played (it includes the RP).

Brother None

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 2 - Mod Article @ RPS