NWN2 - v1.02 (809) Patch is now live

txa1265

SasqWatch
According to a post from producer Darren Monohan at the official forums :
I'm pleased to announce that v1.02.809 is now live! Just a reminder, this version is just a hotfix to address the issue with companions wreaking some havoc on cutscenes and scripted events. This also includes updated multiplayer applications to the same version. We did fix one issue with the Server Monitor Console, where it would be possible for it to not run properly on Athlon XP's.

Stay tuned for more news on our 1.03 patch - that one includes a lot of bug fixes, improvements and even some new features (particularly on the DM Client side... database support, anyone?
icon_wink.gif
)

I would also like to take a moment to invite you to check out our mirror sites who have been helping to distribute the patches!

NWVault
WarCry Network
Sorcerer's Place
Neverwinter Nights 2 HQ
To update, simply run the game from your Start menu or Desktop, and click the "Update" option, and you should be on your way!
More information.

Personally I would suggest doing this often for the first few weeks. Frequent patching after release is common.

I like the Update system - works very well for me.

The best update system I've seen is in Guild Wars. When you start the game it checks for a new patch/game exe and installs it automatically (very quick), other new content is streamed to your hard drive in the main menu, when you are idle or directly before you get to a new area in the game.

It's only slightly frustrating if you don't have all available content when you first install the game, like when you download the client for some trial. In that case the game often has to download 3000 files or so when you enter a new area for the first time.

But otherwise, the patching system is miles ahead of others. WoW (which I'm still playing)? Some bittorrent download that totally clogs your internet connection, then the usual patch procedure. NWN 2? You need to manually check for updates (or don't you? Haven't tried to just start the game and select Internet game yet). Then the patching systems needs 5GB free space on both the C drive and the drive the game is installed to. Right. Well, it works, but could be better.

The system is the same NWN used in the past. It's not exactly revolutionary, and I get a lot better speed from WoWs torrent downloader(usually max DL speed) - it might not seem like it, but remember, those patches are often 10 times bigger than NWN2s' patches. Also, WoW can't be played before it's patched as everyone needs exactly the same version, so the need for patching is greater there.

I was wondering if new patch releases will be mentioned here all the time Mike, if so maybe someone can stick this thread?

Yes, we are a FULL news service!! :) All patches, at least initially, will be reported by one of us!!

I debated creating a 'patch info' thread rather than an individual patch item, but I think that since you have to start the patch yourself it warrants a news item.

Back
Top Bottom