|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - OXM Review Excerpts

Default Fable 2 - OXM Review Excerpts

October 18th, 2008, 04:52
GameBanshee sent us a note to say they have some excerpts from the Official Xbox Magazine's exclusive review of Fable II. Appparently the score is 9.5/10 and they name this the finest game in Molyneux's career. On being fenced in:
Forget the first Fable's fenced-in roads and tiny towns. The opening section in Bowerstone hints at a larger, grander scope for the sequel's version of Albion, and the moment you're set loose as an adult at Bower Lake, you're presented with a magnificent view of a valley that looks like it could contain all of the original game. It is, in fact, an overwhelming sensory event not unlike your first steps above ground in Oblivion or Fallout 3. The sense of scale and wonder never ceases. Towns bustle with vocal citizens who have daily routines; dynamic weather and day/night cycles give the world a pulse. And those pesky fences that leashed you to a path in the first Fable? Now you can easily hope [sic] over them.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 18th, 2008, 04:52
9.5 out of 10? So does this mean I can finally finish Lost Odyessy and get another XBox RPG?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

October 18th, 2008, 15:23
Though it's great fun to bash or kick enemies off ledges to their doom, combat is the only overall area where the game notably stumbles. Often, you'll target a foe other than the one you intend, and finishing off downed foes seems to be random even if you're locked onto them. While not frustrating, it is annoying. The rhythm-based button presses do their job just fine, however, allowing to you to heroically chain attacks together. Fortunately, not all of the gameplay is combat. Many of the quests involve interacting with people, and those are in face some of the most memorable.
Fortunately? And 9.5? Then I assume there's practically no combat in Fable 2…

Bundyo

Watcher

October 18th, 2008, 15:45
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
9.5 out of 10? So does this mean I can finally finish Lost Odyessy and get another XBox RPG?
I wouldn't attach any buy or not-buy conclusions to any OXM review. Wait until a real reviewer gives his/her opinion.

Brother None

SasqWatch

October 20th, 2008, 10:13
eh, I was looking forward to the combat and it was propped much.

I don't give much for this review.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - OXM Review Excerpts